Monday, August 23, 2010

Yay for Weekends!

This weekend was so awesome! Probably one of the best I've had in a while. Saturday started with a delicious breakfast! I love making omelets & we happened to have some left over London Broil. I cut it into really thin pieces & sauteed it with onions, bell peppers & ancho peppers from our garden.


I added diced meat to the egg mixture

Here is the finished product. It was slightly more brown that most people like them but I don't mind them this way & I wanted to make sure the cheese was nice & melted. I made a smoothie to go with it. It's frozen pineapple, strawberries, orange juice & banana flavored yogurt. SO yummy! I think the only thing that would have made it better is a little bit of mango.


My friend Kelsy came to visit & stayed with us Saturday night. Shortly after she got here we went to Baltimore to show her around a little bit. We found out there's a cruise port in Baltimore! We've seen another cruise ship there before but there's also a ship repair shop so I thought it might be getting repaired. If I remember correctly, this is a Royal Caribbean ship. I barely got this pic.

There was an Italian festival going on in Little Italy but we had already made plans to visit a winery before the baseball game so we didn't go. The ride to the winery was about 25-30 minutes from Baltimore. It was almost all country roads with beautiful houses. It was a very peaceful ride. It is a small, family owned vineyard. The tour was short & sweet & we got to taste about 14 different wines. They also made DELICIOUS sangria! It was a lot of fun.

This in the wine cellar. It's not a good picture but this is the first wine the owner ever made, 35 years ago!

. The upright barrels are empty, the ones laying down are fermenting.

These are some super old wine bottles. I'm not sure if they're from this vineyard or not but I thought they looked nice.

Josh and I outside the tasting room.

After we went to the vineyard we went to a minor league baseball game. It was a function for Josh's company. We had a free buffet & box seats. It was a lot of fun even though I'm not a big baseball fan. It was really nice to sit in the box seats, especially since it started raining.

This is Kelsy & I making our evil faces at Josh, although Kelsy just looks like a creeper in the background :-)

Too bad this weekend passed by so fast!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Be careful leaving from Maryland for a cruise that's going south. The water off of the Carolinas is very rough. While I have never gone on a cruise, some of John's family friends take a cruise every day and they drive from NJ to FL every year to avoid the super rough water.
    Glad you're having a good time!

    ReplyDelete