Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wine Box

If you were at our wedding you got to see our love letter/wine box ceremony. If not, I'll give a little background. Josh & I wanted to do something a little different from the traditional unity candle ceremony. I found this idea online & I absolutely fell in love with it. My dad had a box built for us out of cherry wood. We put a bottle of wine & 2 wine glasses in the box. We each had to write a letter to each other explaining how/why we fell in love with each other. We also had guests write notes to us before the ceremony & at the rehearsal dinner. We will get to open this box on our 10th anniversary. If we have troubles at any point before our 10th anniversary we'll open the box, share the wine & read the letters before we do anything crazy.

My dad wanted to get the box engraved with our name but he didn't have time to do it before the wedding. He had it done after the ceremony & he brought it to us when he visited a couple weekends ago. I'm really happy with how it turned out & I'm so glad we got our last name engraved in it.

This is a close up of our name :-)
The whole box...so pretty!

I love this idea because it's unique & it's something we can display in our home. It's also something we can pass down to our kids some day. After our 10th anniversary, we'll re-fill the box with new letters & wine to open on our 25th anniversary. I've never seen this at any other ceremony & we got tons of compliments on it. I'm really glad we did this. I think this ceremony, writing our own vows & getting a videographer were likely the best wedding related decisions we made.

No comments:

Post a Comment