Monday, August 2, 2010

Awesome Weekend!

I LOVE long weekends! Friday we finally got our MD license & tags after spending a few hours at the MVA. Luckily, it was a little cheaper than we expected (that rarely happens up here). My plan was to do a LOT of work on Friday & relax all day Saturday. On the way back from the MVA Josh decided he wanted to go somewhere to get a crab cake for lunch. I gave in & we went to Kooper's Tavern at Fell's Point. Fell's point is a historic area of downtown Baltimore. It's probably my favorite part of downtown, I still love the inner harbor though :-) They had a deep fried soft shell crap sandwich on special so we both decided to try it. It was soooo yummy! I also accomplished something I've been trying to do for a LONG time. We got Josh a new body pillow so we could throw out his old one. He's had it for longer than I care to share & I'm so glad I don't have to share the bed with it anymore! That night we watched The Shawshank Redemption. It's one of Josh's favorite movies & he's been trying to get me to watch it for years. I've always walked in at the part where they just got to prison & are getting yelled at so I've never wanted to watch it. It's actually a really good movie.

I made some awesome stuffed french toast for breakfast Saturday. We were lazy most of the day but we got a few things done around the apartment. I also finally got a desk! Now I can be organized when I work on our budget & other fun stuff :-) I talked Josh into watching Remember Me with me. It was good but it has a sad ending :-(

Yesterday we did some gardening & lots of organizing. We FINALLY picked out our paint color for the living room accent wall. We've been trying to decide for about 3 weeks now. It's a little ridiculous. I started going through some of our things so I can take them to the Salvation Army tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to freeing up some closet space!

Today I'll hopefully be ordering our new camera so we can take pictures again! I have LOTS of organizing to do still :-/

2 comments:

  1. "They had a deep fried soft shell crap sandwich on special"

    LOL! Love you Kinlaw-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...it was AMAZING! How does that not sound heavenly to you? Haha. Love you!

    ReplyDelete