Friday, August 20, 2010

I Took the Job!

I start on August 30th. That way I can have the week that Bryan & Chris are here off. I'm not sure how to feel about it. I'm going to refer to this job as my "other" job. haha. I'm still a housewife at heart. It will be hard, I'll have to prep for meals a few days in advance when the schedule isn't so nice & I'll have to spend a lot of the weekend keeping the house in order instead of relaxing as much as I do now. It's going to be OK though.

For the first week the hours are great. I'll be working 8-4. I wish I could work these hours all the time! It would work perfectly with Josh's schedule. Then I will start my normal schedule after labor day. Our schedules rotate by the month. I work the late schedule for my first month :-/ I will work either 11:30-8 or 12:00-8:30 Mon-Wed. & 9:30-6 or 10-6:30 Thurs & Fri. At least I have Saturdays off though. I'm assuming that you work Saturdays if you work the early shifts. In that case I might prefer the late shift.

I guess I'm excited but more nervous than anything. I hope I've made the right decision. I applied for a USDA position that I would love to have a while back, but I won't hear anything about that for another month or so. If I didn't get that & I passed up this opportunity, I would feel horrible. I think I might feel more horrible if I do hear back from them & they want to interview me. I don't think I could say no. I think it would be a loose loose situation. Anyway...there's no reason to worry about that now. I have job, I'll get some experience & I'll be making money & interacting with people. This job will be a challenge & it will really test my patience. I just hope I can do it.

It has absolutely nothing to do with what I went to school for & I think that kind of bugs me. I want to State for 5 years, got a food science degree & I'm going to be a receptionist. I didn't think I cared because I was so sick of my major by the time I graduated...I was starting to dislike it very much actually. I guess I feel like I should at least give it a try since I've already invested so much time in it. Eventually I will get to where I want to be. I just have to be patient. haha


No comments:

Post a Comment