Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Delicious Banana Bread

We had some bananas that were getting a little too ripe so I decided to make something with them. I found a recipe for Banana Sour Cream Bread & it was delicious! It's not even close to healthy but it's SO good. I didn't have any walnuts around the house but it was just fine without them. It wasn't done after cooking it at 300 for an hour. I think my loaf pan is a little deeper than a standard one so that could be the problem. The next time I make it I'll probably increase the temperature a little bit. That's really the only thing I would change.

Banana Sour Cream Bread

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 eggs
  • 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (optional)


  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease four 7x3 inch loaf pans. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
  2. In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in nuts. Divide into prepared pans.
  3. Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Calories: 263 | Total Fat: 10.5g | Cholesterol: 38mg

To reduce the calories you could use Splenda (which I hate!) or reduced fat sour cream. A few of the reviewers mentioned that they used fat free sour cream but it turned out a little dry. I used full fat because that's what I had in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment