Thursday, August 19, 2010

Yummy Potato Bake

I had some of those packaged simply potato rounds that were about to go bad so I needed to cook them last night. I decided to kind of try to make a loaded baked potato casserole. It turned out really good but there are definitely some changes I would make. Here's the way I made it last night.

1 package simply potato rounds (you could cut your own, just make sure they're really thin & you would probably want to cook them a little longer)

about 1 1/2 cup grated cheese (I used colby-jack)

about 1/2 cup bacon pieces

1 small onion, diced super small

butter

I basically mixed everything together & saved a little bacon & cheese for topping. I put little pieces of butter on top so it would melt over everything else. I baked it for 30 minutes or so, covered. I would probably increase that to 45 minutes because some of the larger potatoes were not as tender as the small ones. I topped it with sour cream. It was really good but it tasted more like potato skins than a loaded baked potato. It definitely needed more cheese. I would maybe try some of the Campbells cheddar cheese soup. It needed more moisture & the cheddar cheese soup would take care of the extra cheese & moisture. Cream of potato soup would probably be good in it too. I might add a little more bacon, but I LOVE bacon. It was really good for a first try :-)


1 comment: