Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Candied Carrots

I LOVE candied carrots & I had a real craving for them last night. Josh was in the mood for BBQ chicken so that's what I chose for our meat. Here's the recipe for the candied carrots.

2 c Carrots, cut into 2 in. sections then quartered (I just halved the thinner pieces), boiled
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 T butter

Once the carrots are boiled, drain the water from them & return them to your saucepan. Add the butter & let melt, add brown sugar & let simmer for a few minutes.


I'm not huge on recipes. I kind of add as I please unless I'm baking. The BBQ sauce I used for the chicken was delicious. Of course I just added what I felt like adding & I didn't write down how much. I started with Sweet Baby Ray's (my favorite prepared BBQ sauce) then I added Italian dressing, about equal parts of honey mustard, ketchup & brown sugar (maybe 1/4 c each). I added about half as much spicy mustard & It was SO yummy! I let the cooked chicken simmer in this for about 5 mins. I would normally let it simmer for a little longer for a better flavor but I started dinner late & we were both starving. It still turned out really good :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment