Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Very Short Weekend!

Josh & I have this thing where whoever gets out of bed last gets to make up the bed. He gets up pretty early for work & I usually stay in bed until I hear him get out of the shower...I obviously get to make up the bed during the week. Well, last weekend he came in the living room after I had been up for about 2 hours (for some reason I can't sleep past 8 or so on the weekends) to tell me that something felt weird on his side of the bed. Our mattress is pretty crappy so I didn't think anything of it. He asked me to lay on his side of the bed to see if it felt ok to me. I did & he started laughing & yelled "You're the last one out of bed!" He looked like the big kid he is so I couldn't do anything but laugh. This morning he felt me get out of bed & he said he would share his body pillow with me if I would lay with him for a few more minutes. I crawled back in bed because he doesn't initiate cuddling very often. As soon as I got back in bed he jumped out...& I was stuck making up the bed again. Next weekend...it's war!

Yesterday we went looking at recliners because La-Z-Boy had one on sale for super cheap. We decided not to get it but we looked around there & at The Room Store. Josh found one that had a "beer cooler" in one of the arms & that has become a standard now. We can't consider any recliner that doesn't have one ;-) It is pretty sweet.

We planned on going to church this morning since we haven't found one up here yet. We got up, got ready & left for church...we never found it. The address on Google maps matched the address in Garmin but it was just a residential area with no church in sight. We've decided that we'll find the church & actually find out where it is before next Sunday morning so we can make it.

We had planned on going to lunch after church so we went a little later anyway. We went to On the Border. We have an awesome Tex-Mex place here that we didn't have back home but On the Border is closer & they had a build your own combo for $6.99. I just wanted Enchiladas so I was fine with that...I could live off those things! After lunch we went to a park that's really close to our apartment. I've been wanting to check out a trail so we walked it. It was really short & it wasn't so peaceful since it's right next to 175. We could hear cars almost the whole time. It was still nice to get outside since the weather was so nice though. We saw a huge butterfly about halfway through but it flew past us before I could get my camera out. We came to an area near the end where we saw a ton of butterflies! Here are a few pictures I got of them.




I like to play around with the camera. I'm still figuring out all the functions & shooting modes but I'm really happy with it so far. I'm glad we went with the Nikon vs. the Canon I was looking at. The zoom is WAY better & it's really fast. I mostly wanted the Canon because it had the color accent function. Josh laughed at me when I told him that then we decided it wasn't really a good reason to pick a camera, it's something that can easily be done with editing software :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment