Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Stuffed Bell Peppers

These are really easy to make & you can pretty much stuff them with whatever you want. I made these Sunday night for dinner (along with sloppy joe sliders...I forgot to take pics of those & they were so cute!) We had some rice & beans left over from On the Border so I just used that rather than cooking my own rice. I added some ground beef & cheese. It was delicious! I made another one for Josh to take with him to lunch yesterday. I had some left over manwich (I added bell pepper, onion & carrots so it would feel a little more healthy) that I mixed in with white rice & cheese. Josh said he liked it better than the ones I made Sunday with the On the Border leftovers :-)

So...here's what you do:
Cut the tops off your bell pepper & remove the seeds & veins. (I saved the tops to use in the Manwich).



Fill the pepper with your desired ingredients (I think rice, beans, cheese, tomatoes or other veggies all work great)


Bake at 350 until tender, about 30-45 minutes...Enjoy!

They smelled delicious! I was so hungry when they finished, I forgot to take a picture of the final product. I've heard that Pablano peppers work better than bell peppers for stuffing but I haven't tried them. We have some in the garden but they aren't big enough yet and they're not growing very well :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment