Thursday, March 31, 2016

Baby K - 20 Weeks!

20 Weeks

March 21, 2016



Baby K is much bigger this week! It's about the size of a cute(ish) little animal called an axolotl - 10 inches! Although the baby has grown a lot this week, it hasn't grown as much as it sounds. Prior to this week, the baby was measured from crown to rump. Now that the baby is in a straighter position, it's being measured from head to toe. The baby has eyebrows and eyelashes growing now! According to my app, our little one may already experiencing REM sleep and dreaming! That's crazy to me! I do wonder what a baby who has only existed inside a tiny little womb could possibly dream about though.

For me this week...I've noticed my first stretchmarks. I have one tiny one on my thigh that I know didn't exist pre-baby. Not TOO surprising since my thighs are definitely the biggest they have ever been. THEY are the reason I switched to maternity jeans, not my belly. I also have a couple on my booty that I'm pretty sure were not there before the baby, but since I don't look at my butt that closely very often, I can't be 100% sure. They're very faint so far, so let's hope it stays this way (or if we're being REALLY optimistic...that I don't get any more). The tiredness continues this week. I have NOT been sleeping well at all. If I don't wake up to pee or to get a snack, I wake up because I'm just not comfortable. I know this won't be improving until after the baby comes, so I'm trying to come to terms with it. 

I think Josh is definitely experiencing some sympathy symptoms. Aside from the sweet tooth that he has developed, he experienced his first restless night this week. I'm hoping this doesn't become as frequent for him as it has for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment