Monday, March 14, 2016

Baby K - 14 Weeks

14 Weeks
2/8/16



We're officially in our second trimester!!! This week, Baby K is the size of a house mouse, or a beet. Yea, this week isn't my favorite. Beets are gross and who wants to compare their baby to a mouse? Anyway, baby is about 3.5 inches long and weighs about 1.5 ounces. 

I'm feeling a few more symptoms than last week. I had my first headache since being pregnant (not too shabby). Congestion has really started to set in. Even though nausea is gone now, the mucous has made me gag a few times. I have started to experience a little bit of round ligament pain, but prenatal yoga and rest seem to help. The most exciting thing happened on Friday while I was shopping for maternity and baby clothes - I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move! For real! There have been a few questionable flutters over the past week at bed time. With this being the first baby, this is early, but if this one was not Baby K, I'm not sure what it was! Another positive is that I am even less tired than I was last week!

Something else exciting happened! We bought a crib! This was much earlier than planned, but we found a great deal and we just couldn't pass it up! The people we bought it from were really nice! They gave us a few freebies (crib mattress and waterproof pad, changing table, changing pad and covers and a few other small items) that we really appreciate! The changing table doesn't match, so we're on the lookout for one that looks better with the crib. We're very excited about this purchase! It's solid mahogany wood and we got it for less than half the SALE price! Woohoo! Over the next few weeks we'll be working on moving the office into the bonus room so the office can begin its transition to the nursery! I'm especially excited to be able to find a home for these baby odds and ends we're picking up here and there, rather than throwing them in a box or a closet.


A few other finds - some baby clothes! Old Navy had lots of baby clothes on clearance, plus an extra half off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment