Friday, March 18, 2016

Baby K - 15 Weeks

15 Weeks
2/15/16


Wow! I can't believe we're already at 15 weeks! Time is flying by and this little one is growing like crazy! This week, baby is the size of a yellow canary (Y'all, I have a Tweety bird growing in my belly!!!) or a Haas avocado - about 4 inches. Baby K is starting to pick weight up faster too - it should be about 2.5 ounces. It has enough strength to hold its head up within my belly, which is crazy to me! Its body is becoming more and more proportional and its little heart can pump 25 quarts of blood a day!

As far as symptoms go, I definitely have a stuffy nose, which is normal at this point. I don't have any morning sickness, but congestion coupled with a crazy gag reflex still equals some vomiting. I've gained weight this week, for the first time in several weeks. Makes sense, since the baby is growing so much faster now. I'm starting to show a lot more and my blump is starting to look more and more like an actual bump! We cheated a little bit on this week's picture and took it a day early. We both looked nice after church, so we decided to have an impromptu photoshoot! Of course, we couldn't have a photo shoot on Valentines Day with just me and Baby K, so I made sure all 3 of my loves were involved this week! 



Daddy K was super cute for Valentine's Day this year. Rather than getting me flowers and candy (I'm really not feeling candy lately), he got flowers and chocolate milk, so I could still have my chocolate and build strong bones for our little one. We didn't make a big deal out of Valentine's Day this year. We've had a bunch of Valentines days together, and we've had some big ones and some low key ones. I have to say, this one was one of my favorites. We just got something small for each other and spent some QT with each other. We actually did a little bit of house work, prepping to move my office so that we can begin turning my office into the nursery! I know it doesn't sound romantic, but it was a very enjoyable day. We ended our night with a fancy little dinner at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment