Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Chicken Bruschetta Pasta

I just realized it has been forever since I've posted any food! I have still been cooking, but I haven't been experimenting as much. I've mostly been cooking reliable dinners I know we like that I can throw together quickly. I saw something like this on the menu at TGIFridays. I wanted to try it sometime, but I didn't want it then. I decided to throw my own version together. It was easy and delicious! 

Chicken Bruschetta Pasta
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1 T Minced Garlic
- 1 t salt
- 1 t pepper
- 1 T Dried Oregano
- 1 T Dried Basil
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Pasta (I used thin spaghetti this time)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Fresh Basil (for garnish)


Mix 1/2 cup of Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil. Season with Minced Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Basil and Oregano. Marinate chicken for a few hours. I put mine in the refrigerator overnight, but a few hours is probably just fine. Bake in oven at 350 until done.

Cook pasta, add the can of diced tomatoes and toss with Balsamic Glaze.

Balsamic Glaze
- 1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 T Sugar


Combine, bring to a simmer and reduce. I probably let mine reduce to about 75%, but it's a matter of preference

(Disclaimer...this stuff is strong. Your whole kitchen will smell like vinegar)

Bruschetta
- Roma Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic


I don't really measure anything when I make my Bruschetta. I just throw everything together and season to taste. It's best after it's been refrigerated for a few hours, this way all the flavors have time to blend together.

Bruschetta is great for all sorts of things. It's amazing on a hamburger with mozzarella cheese!

I served this with grilled zucchini...YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment