Friday, June 10, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

June 5 was our first anniversary. I can't believe it's already been a year! Time has just flown by. 


We decided to celebrate by going to St. Michaels. It's a super cute small town on the Chesapeake. We went on Saturday because the weather was supposed to be nicer. We were going to go to a winery, a brewery, have dinner & just explore the town. When we got to the winery, we realized Josh didn't have his ID. No big deal, right? WRONG! He keeps his ID on his keychain, because he can't keep up with his walled. This means he left his keychain at home. My keys were on his keychain (because last Friday was his off Friday). Our only house key is on my keychain. This means we locked our keys in the house! Why do we only have one key? We have a brand new door with a brand new lock and 4 brand new keys...we just haven't installed them yet! 

I was worried about how we were going to get back in. Bailey was locked in the house all alone. We were going to take her to doggy day care for the day, but she had to be picked up by 3. We had and 1 1/2 hour drive so we knew we wouldn't make it back by 3. Josh calmed me down and we decided to have dinner since we had driven all the way there. We were really excited about some fresh seafood. We went to The Crab Claw. We were excited because we wanted to eat on the water & this place had a great view. Josh got the seafood sampler and I got the fried hard shell crab. The rolls & cole slaw were delicious. Everything else was just mediocre. When we were ready to pay, I found out they only take cash and checks! Luckily, I had my check book on my. I thought that was crazy.

When we got home, we borrowed a phone book from a neighbor so we could call a locksmith. We decided to price shop a little and ended up using the first guy we called. By the time we called him back, he already had another call in Annapolis, so we had to wait on him to finish that one first. It was going to be 1-2 hours, so we decided to do some grocery shopping & come back. I wish I had more pictures of this day, but of course I took the memory card out of my camera and left without putting it back in. 2 hours and $95 later, we were back in our house. We played with Bailey for a bit then she got lazy. We watched our wedding video and had a glass of wine. 

Sunday (our real anniversary) we decided to relax a little. We did a few things around the house, grilled out and cut our cake. We picked our anniversary cake up from Cinda when we were in NC for Memorial Day. We froze it so it would still be fresh a week later. It was DELICIOUS! 


It has been a great first year for us. We moved, got jobs, got a puppy and bought a house! If you would have told me we would have a puppy and a house by now just 7 or 8 months ago, I would have looked at you like you were crazy. So, things haven't necessarily gone as we planned, and our plans changed a lot, but I wouldn't change a thing. They're so much better than we planned! 


No comments:

Post a Comment