Thursday, June 16, 2011

101 in 1001

I'm a really big list person. I make lists for everything. If you've never heard of 101 in 1001, I'll fill you in a little. Basically, you make a list of 101 present tasks you would like to accomplish in 1001 days (or 143 weeks, or 32.89 months, or 2.74 years). The tasks must be specific with a goal that is measurable and clearly defined. They should be realistic and stretching, so they should represent some amount of effort. 


Why am I doing this? I think it's a great way to keep life interesting. If I don't have tasks, or goals in mind. Life just flies by and I don't even realize it. Of course it will still fly by, but at least I'll be doing everything I can to enjoy every minute of it. This is a great way to document that! 


I started making my list for this well over a year ago. I never really kept up with it. In the end, I just threw things on the list to fill it up. I found the list not too long ago. I don't even want to do half of the things I put on there any more. For example, I was supposed to watch a bunch of classic movies. I don't remember how many, but it was a lot. I should have known better than to put this down. I usually don't care for older movies. Don't get me wrong, there are some I would like to see, but I found myself looking through Netflix, trying to find classics. I would just cringe when I saw the movie posters and things for them (yes, I'm quite shallow when it comes to movies...I appreciate the glam and technology we have today over whatever it is people see in the classics). What would you put on your list?


Start date: 6/16/2011
End date: 3/13/2014


Italics=In progress
Bold=Complete
Red=I didn't do it

Cooking
1) Make a meal with things only from my garden (or mostly, I can use eggs, seasonings, oils, flour...those types of things...otherwise I would just have to make a salad)
2) Compile a cookbook of my favorite recipes
3) Cook lobster at home
4) Try 50 new dishes (3/50)
5) Make pasta from scratch

Entertainment 
6) Go crabbing
7) Eat at 10 new restaurants (0/10)
8) Try a new type of ethnic food
9) Try a new type of food (ingredient)
10) Go to a comedy club
11) Watch all of the Star Wars movies
12) Go to a shooting range
13) Host a Super Bowl party
14) Host a game night
15) Go to a new theme park
16) Go ice skating
17) Drive in DC
18) Go to an Oriole's game
19) Go to a horse race (preferably Preakness)
20) Go to a regular season NFL game
21) Attend at least one home and 1 away NC State football game a year
22) Attend 1 NC State basketball game a year

Financial
23) Pay off credit card debt
24) Pay off student debt
25) Start 401K/Roth IRA
26) Build our emergency fund to 3 months
27) Build our emergency fund to 6 months
28) Start meal planning again
29) Find a way to make a steady supplemental income

For Me
30) Get a massage
31) Have my house cleaned
32) Write a letter to myself to open in 5 years
33) Get a manicure and pedicure
34) Buy at least 5 new outfits that make me feel great (0/5)
35) Make a list of 100 things I love/that make me happy to put in craft room
36) Learn to change a tire (and actually change one)
37) Ride a horse again
38) Take a class on a subject that interests me (fitness, cooking or other hobby)
39) Get a new passport
40) Either sale/donate/or find another use for my wedding dress

Giving Back/Acts of Kindness
41) Donate unwanted items bi-annually  (1/5)
42) Leave a 50% tip
43) Leave a nice note in a library book for someone to find
44) Donate $5 for each incomplete task to charity
45) Send a care package to a soldier
46) Volunteer

Hobbies
47)  Re-vamp the blog...it's been the same since I started it
48) Scrapbook wedding
49) Scrapbook honeymoon
50) Build a piece of furniture
51) Re-upholster or paint/dye an old chair
52) Re-finish a piece of furniture
 54) Attempt to make wine/brew beer

Home
55) Update kitchen counters
56) Update kitchen cabinets
57) Make a piece of art to display in our house
58) Add something I love to every room of our house
59) Decorate guest room
60) Decorate living room
61) Find use for empty space in kitchen and utilize it
62) Install functional storage in laundry closet doors
63) Build deck
64) Fence in yard
65) Landscape front yard
66) Establish a cleaning schedule
67) Make a household binder
68) Get a safe for important things
69) Decorate master bedroom
70) Get TV for State Room

Life/Relationships
71) Start retirement or other type of savings plan for Daddy (because he will never do it himself)
72) Create a will (Josh and I)
73) Create a living will (Josh and I)
74) Get supplemental life insurance (outside work)
75) Make 10 cards to send to friends and family (0/10)
76) Take another family vacation

Marriage
77) Take a full day for us to relax together once a month (1/33)
78) Take family pictures at least once
79) Have 2 dates per month (1/66)
80) 50 random acts of kindness for Josh (1/50)
81) Not get pregnant

Mind/Body/Soul
82) Get back to my wedding day weight
83) Run 1 mile
84) Run 2 miles
85) Run a 5K
86) Complete some sort of exercise program (I'm thinking about 200 Sit-Ups)
87) Find a church
88) Answer the 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind


Pets
90) Teach Bailey to put away toys
91) Teach Bailey to "say your prayers"
92) Teach Bailey to bring beer
93) Make and organize a file for Bailey

Travel
94) Go on a cruise
95) Take a spontaneous weekend trip (I'm a big planner...this doesn't happen to me often)
96) Tour Chesapeake Bay Wine Trail
97) Visit 5 new towns in MD
98) Visit a new state
99) Go back to NY
100) Travel outside the country (other than a cruise)


101) Make a new 101 in 1001 list

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! One of my really good family friends has been doing this. Check her blog about her 101 in 1001 out: http://domesticdabblings101goals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete