Friday, June 24, 2011

Bigger and Better Things

Last Sunday, our lease ended on our first home together. I had been looking forward to getting out of there for quite some time. I couldn't wait to own our home, to have extra space, to have a dedicated guest room and office, to have a yard, to get rid of those horribly textured wall, to have a standard sized washer and dryer, to have room for more than one person in the kitchen, the list goes on and on. I was tired of going to the apartment to pick up a few more boxes after work. We decided to make the move gradual...the exact opposite of how we moved last year. I can't really say it made it any easier. I was tired of cleaning the apartment I knew I would never use again. I definitely did not enjoy priming the walls back. 

When the time came, I was a little sad. That was our first home together. It was small and we were cramped when we had guests over, but it was ours. We had a lot of great times there. It took a quarter of the time to clean and we never lost Bailey. I'll miss it at times. I actually don't have many pictures of our time there. I'm trying to get better about taking pictures. I always regret not having them. Anyway...here are just a few of the memories we've had in our first little apartment. I STILL can't find the moving in pictures I took. I'm assuming they're on a memory card I lost. 

 Trying to pick out paint colors for the accent walls.

 Choosing absolutely horrible colors the first time around.

 Fixing the horrible colors

 Choosing the right color for our dining room accent wall the first time (and having crappy lighting for a year)

 Having our first married Christmas

 Getting our first puppy. This is her at 2 months...she's almost 4 months now and about 3 times that size!

 Priming back that pretty red wall that plain primer white


Us the day we turned in our keys. Hubby carried me out just the way he carried me in :-)

Bye bye apt 636. It was great while it lasted.


1 comment:

  1. awwww! I know how you feel! North will always be our first home too :) Always will hold a special place in my heart. I love you guys so much and am so happy for you!! :D

    John still carries me over the threshold in every new place we move to :D (unfortunately, it's WAY more than I would have ever wanted, but it's still sweet he does :D)

    ReplyDelete