Saturday, June 18, 2011

50 Questions That Will Free Your mind

These questions have no right or wrong answers.

Because sometimes asking the right questions is the answer.

1.How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?

 I think I would be 25. Right now, I'm at the point in my life where I hoped I would be when I was 25.
2.Which is worse, failing or never trying?
 Definitely never trying. If you try and fail, you know what you did wrong and you learn from it. If you never try, you will learn nothing and you will always wonder what could have been.
3.If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
We do the things we don't like because we're chasing after something we don't have. I think we're all guilty of this to some extent. We think if we work the job we hate for long enough, we'll eventually be able to afford to do those other things we like. In reality, we should just appreciate what we have and do what we can within our means. I'm working on this :-)
4.When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
Absolutely. I'm a talker. Haha.
5.What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
Corruption. It's all over. Politics, individuals. I just wish people would do what is right, not what gets them ahead.
6.If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
The kind where I get to play with puppies and sea turtles every day.
7.Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
At the moment, probably settling for what I'm doing, but I'm working on that :-)
8.If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
I would work less and play more. 
9.To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
Well, I've been given choices, and I've made decisions. I would say maybe about 50%.
10.Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
Doing the right things.
11.You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
Tell them they're talking about my friend, then tell them why they're wrong. 
12.If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Take chances.
13.Would you break the law to save a loved one?

Absolutely, without thinking twice.
14.Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
Hmmm...nope, I don't think so.
15.What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
Hmmm. I sometimes use my GPS even when I know where I'm going. I like to see if I can beat my estimated arrival time. I'm not sure if that's very unique though.
16.How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
Because we don't all want the same things.
17.What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
Own a hedgehog. Money and my puppy.
18.Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
Nope. I don't think so.
19.If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
Well, I'm very happy where I am now so I don't want to. But if I had to choose somewhere else I guess NC because that's where I want to end up (just later). As far as another country, Australia (if the cost of living were only lower :-/ ) because it's the most beautiful place I've ever been. I would love to share that with Josh.
20.Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
Sometimes. Nope, not at all.
21.Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
A joyful simpleton for sure.
22.Why are you, you?

Because my experiences have shaped me to be who I am today.
23.Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
Not always, but I am now, except for keeping in touch. I suck at that.
24.Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
Losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you. You can still be good friends with people who live far away. And one day, they might come back :-) If you grow apart from someone who is near, I feel like you're less likely to have the relationship you used to have.
25.What are you most grateful for?
My amazing family and friends.
26.Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
At this point in my life, lose all my old ones. The moment I lose someone in my immediate family, this answer would change.
27.Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
Sure, or you can at least think you know. Sometimes that's enough.
28.Has your greatest fear ever come true?
No
29.Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
Nope, and of course it doesn't.
30.What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
Probably riding horses with my dad on the weekend. It was "our" time and nothing else mattered.
31.At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
Now. I'm happier than I've ever been.
32.If not now, then when?
When I'm ready.
33.If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
Pride?
34.Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation 
ever?
Best conversation, No, I tend to think of that word literally. Strong connection, yes.
35.Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
Because there's no compromise.
36.Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
Yes.
37.If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
I don't think so. I think I would work part time.
38.Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
More work that I enjoy.
39.Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
No. Today I finished the preparation for the hubby and I to turn our keys in to our first place together (lease ends tomorrow). It was very different. Bittersweet. 
40.When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
Never.
41.If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
Our immediate family with my husband.
42.Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
Absolutely not. I'm married to a man who already thinks I'm extremely attractive and I definitely don't want to be famous.
43.What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
A heartbeat and a soul.
44.When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
As soon as you know it's right.
45.If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
Because no one enjoys failure.
46.What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
Not sensor myself about sensitive subjects.
47.When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
The last time I had a stuffy nose.
48.What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
My life, absolutely. I'm enjoying every moment of it and trying to make the best out of every situation.
49.In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day 
before that?
No. As time goes by, days start to blend together unless something significant happens. I have no idea what I was doing 5 years ago today. 
50.Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
I make decisions myself, but I definitely take others into consideration when I make them.

No comments:

Post a Comment