Sunday, June 5, 2011

Bailey's Progress Report

Potty Training
Bailey is improving (overall on her potty training). She is still holding it all day while we're at work (except 1 day this week). She was doing SO good while we were home. She went a week without having an accident in the house! (She did have accidents while we were traveling, in my mom's & Josh's mom's house, but I think it was because she smelled other dogs & she was in unfamiliar areas...I was still a bit upset because she was doing so well at home!) She slipped up one day this week and has 2 accidents in the house within an hour or so. She did it right in front of us both times. One time she was standing on the stairs, right in front of Josh. The other time she was in the living room & she had been out not long at all before that. I was so angry. She's been doing pretty well since then. She still goes to the door for the most part. I started working on her Poochie Bells last night so hopefully those will help. 

Training
We didn't have Bailey's class this week because Monday was Memorial Day. We have been training her as normal though. She did really well when we trained her while traveling. Definitely better than I expected since there were so many new people and distractions. I'm really looking forward to next week's class. We'll start working on "heel". That's what we need to work on most! She does very well with all her basics (except when she's really distracted & won't even listen to her name, UGH!) and we're just starting to teach her to play dead. She's doing well but I think this one will take a little longer than the other ones. I mentioned a while back that we were going to teach her to put her toys away. I originally thought this would be really hard but I think it will be fine. Every once in a while we will see her put a toy back in her toy box by herself :-) It's only happened a few times, but I get very excited because we haven't started doing that at all yet! Maybe it will be as easy as her high five! 

The Trip
We had a great trip home. Luckily, we didn't hit nearly as much traffic as I expected over the Memorial Day weekend!


Bailey likes to sleep in the car.

 In really awkward, uncomfortable looking positions.

 And cute positions.

And scary positions. I hate this one because she looks dead. It's creepy when her eyes are half open, but it's cute when her tongue sticks out. I tried to close her eyes all the way so the pic wouldn't be so creepy, but the kept coming partially open. Haha.

Saturday was Natalia's 4th birthday party. I can't believe she's already 4! After her birthday party, my mom had a cookout. We cooked a pig & it was delicious! We got some rain earlier in the day and this is what it resulted in...
A complete mess!

Sunday, we picked up our anniversary cakes from Cinda & went to visit Chris. We had another cookout at his house and we got to see some of our old friends. It was really great to catch up. Bailey got to meet everyone too. She loved running around in Chris' yard.


High fives for Uncle Chris! Haha.

We got up early Monday morning to drive home. We wanted to beat the traffic as much as possible. We were expecting the normal 4 1/2 hour drive to be closer to 6 or so hours but it was only 5! We had a great trip & I'm so excited for the next one in July. Bailey will finally get to meet her big cousin, Carter!

5 comments:

  1. It appears Bailey had a wonderful trip!! Bogue cant wait to meet him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the picture of Bailey giving Chris a high five! I miss you guys so much and want to see your new pretty house! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bailey is so cute! Love the details of her progress and your home.

    I received a Versatile Blogger Award and am passing it along to you! Feel free to check out my latest blog post for more info. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Meredith! Kim, come visit ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete