Thursday, July 7, 2011

Catching up and Making Memories

Josh, Bailey and I packed our bags and headed to Raleigh to celebrate the 4th with some great friends. We left last Thursday afternoon. Luckily, we had a very smooth ride down. I wasn't sure how traffic would be Thursday, but we knew we didn't want to chance traveling down Friday night. I'm SO glad we left early.

We stayed with our friend Chris. We decided to just hang out with him Thursday once we got in town. We were both tired so it was nice to just relax a little. Friday was a very busy, but very fun day. I had not one, but two lunches with old friends. Silly me for double booking. The first was with my old co-workers. I haven't seen them in well over a year so it was very nice to catch up. The second lunch was with one of my bridesmaids, Brittany. This was the first time I saw her since my wedding day. We've been catching up via phone & such but it's not the same. We  caught up on old times, talked about her recent trip to Mexico (where we honeymooned) and talked about when her boyfriend would propose. She thought it would be that weekend...and he DID! Congrats hun! 


After lunch we met Anna & John on campus with the puppies. We wanted to walk around and see how things have changed since we left. It was so great to be back there and for the puppies to finally meet. Bailey and Carter are about 2 months apart so he's a bit bigger than her. They played great together. Bailey hasn't been around many puppies so it was nice for her to be around a dog with as much energy as her. There are puppies in her class who want to play, but they're so small we're scared she'll hurt them. 

They were SO happy to meet!



 They played...
 And played...
 And finally stopped to share a quick sip of water.
 Sitting for treats...so cute!
 Kisses in the Wolf Ears!
 Our adorable little Wolfpack puppies.
 In front of the Murphy Center
Precious!

We really wanted to go see the bookstore since we knew it had been demolished. It was kind of sad...
 It's ok though...we got  a commemorative brick :-)
The temporary bookstore is below Harrelson. It's actually really nice.


Friday night we went to grab a quick bite to eat at one of my favorite places ever, then we went to see our friend Brad play at a bar we used to go to pretty often. We saw even more friends there. I was slightly bummed at first because I realized we could have brought Bailey with us. I thought about it and she would have been way too hyper...it was probably a good thing we didn't have her. That doesn't mean I might not bring her next time though :-) 
Crappy pic...great time!

Saturday we had a cookout at Chris'. This is when we REALLY got to see a lot of people we hadn't seen in a while. Anna & John brought Carter over with them. He and Bailey had a great time playing. We let them go swimming with us for a little bit, but I don't think either of them really care for it. Hopefully Bailey will learn to like the water one day. She has a little lab in her, she has to! Haha. 
 They were SO dirty! We had to rinse them off before they could get in the pool.
 Trying to coax Bailey in.
Aww hugs! Haha...she just didn't like being left alone. 
Carter making his way out.




This is Rick, the youngest baby Bailey has ever been around. He was infatuated with her food container, and she thought he was going to feed her...this made them best friends. Bailey didn't even get upset when Rick bit her tail. Haha.

Sunday, we decided to just relax. We went to Zaxby's for lunch. It was delicious as always. After lunch we picked Bailey up from Chris' and went to the park. We walked around one of the trails for a bit and stopped by the lake. We wanted to see if Bailey would get in. Of course she didn't want to. It started thundering and raining a little so we left. It was really hot anyway so I didn't mind. Once we got to Chris' everything looked fine, so we hopped in the pool and just relaxed for a bit. I read my book and played with Bailey. She wasn't interested in swimming, but she did lounge around the pool with us for a while.


I thought she might actually jump in for a second...


 I was wrong.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a good time!! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Happy (late) 4th to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! we had SO much fun! I am so glad they got to meet and that they played together so well! It's nice having another puppy for him to play with that has the same energy level. I think they had tons of fun and I cant wait to get them back together again! We had such a great time with you guys, thanks for coming to Raleigh to see us while we were there! It really meant a lot to both John and I. We miss our best friends so much! I cant wait to see you guys in October!!

    ps. if Carter wasnt mine, Bailey would be the cutest dog ever!!! I love they are both sweet, cute puppies! haha also, can you email the pics you have? I'll send you the ones I have too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete