Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dinner Cruise Date Night

Josh and I were originally going to go on a dinner cruise on the Inner Harbor for our anniversary. I found a great Groupon deal so it was even going to be a cheap dinner cruise. Silly me forgot to book it until it was too late. We finally went on it this past weekend. We got downtown a little early and we were planning on walking around the Harbor. It was SO hot, we ended up walking through the pavilions near the harbor so we wouldn't be gross and sweaty. We picked up our tickets and had a little time to kill before we could board our boat. We just went inside the Visitors Center since it was the closest air conditioned building. We found a few new restaurants we want to check out, so it was fun. 

Our cruise was from 5-8 and we could board the boat at 4:30. I was SO hungry and I didn't think we would be able to eat until after 5. I don't think I've ever been so happy to be wrong! We were allowed to eat as soon as we boarded and got seated. It was a buffet dinner. There weren't as many food items as I expected, but the food was good. They had salad, seafood pasta salad, a carving station with beef & pork, chicken, stuffed salmon and some veggies. My favorite was the stuffed salmon and the chicken. Josh said there was too much stuffing & not enough salmon. I thought it was just right :-) We ordered a bottle of champagne. Even though we were over a month late, we still said we were celebrating our anniversary. There were a lot of people celebrating anniversaries on the boat. There were several 1 year anniversaries and a few that were 25+ years. 

During the 2nd hour, the entertainment started. There was a DJ and our waitstaff were also singers. I wasn't impressed with this part of the dinner cruise. The DJ played mostly older music and only part of the waitstaff had any musical talent at all. We decided to go on the upper deck after being forced to slow dance. Haha. Luckily, it turned a little cloudy and there was a nice breeze, so it wasn't too hot. We saw a cruise ship departing while we were up there. It made our boat look tiny



We stayed up there for a while then went back inside for dessert. I was still full from dinner, but I didn't care. We had 2 small desserts. One was a chocolate cake with mousse and the other was some sort of lemon dessert. They were both good. Josh doesn't like lemon, so he gave me his. I was way too full for another dessert, but I didn't want to waste it and it was SO good...so I ate it anyway. That was a horrible idea. I felt really bad for the last 30 minutes or so. We went back to the top deck to take some more pictures anyway.

 One of my favorite places in Baltimore...the Aquarium!

 Ft. McHenry

The show, Homocide: Life on the Streets used to be shot here. We watched some of it a while back. It's a crime show, but it's older. Munch, a character from Law & Order SVU is on there...he plays the same character he does in SVU. We love SVU so that was really cool. Anyway, this is the police station from the show. It's in Fell's Point.  

<3


We had a great time. We eventually want to go on the dinner cruise in DC. We've heard it's a lot better. There's a lot more to see. While I love Baltimore, there are so many factories! Not so pretty ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment