Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Bunnies Bite!

I used to think bunny rabbits were some of the cutest little creatures. I never really understood why so many people hated them, even farmers. I figured there was no harm in a bunny eating a few plants, he's just hungry. Well, my opinion of them has changed quite drastically. Sure, they start out very cute...like this...


but then they decide to demolish your lettuce...like this!

My previously lush leaves of lettuce are now bunny leftovers!

Since I took this picture, he has been back and has completely eaten all of the leaves off the top half of my largest plant. He has also eaten more zucchini and some tomatoes! We're considering putting chicken wire around the raised beds, but we're trying a few other options first. I wish I could get a fox or something to keep in my back yard so the stupid bunny would stay away...or become fox lunch...either way, I don't care.

If you have looked at my 101 in 1001 post, you know I wanted to start meal planning again. Well, I've started doing that and last Wednesday we were supposed to have grilled chicken salad. Stupid rabbit ruined my menu for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment