Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bailey's Progress Report

So...you know how I mentioned Bailey breaking in to the rest of the house last week? Well...she's gotten upstairs every single time we've left the house since last week. Some days, there was absolutely no damage, I think she just wanted to lay on her favorite step. Other days, we weren't so lucky. She didn't mess up any new things really. She just made them worse. Haha. One day, yesterday I think, we decided to just not bother with putting the crate in the way of the stairs. We knew she would get up there anyway. That day, she ripped up a travel brochure Josh left on the coffee table. She also chewed on the rug some more (she did this several days this week). The rug is already ruined from its run in the washing machine and Bailey's first attack...it's just worse now. We're definitely going to replace it, but not until she realizes eating rugs is frowned upon.

 This is what I came home to see every day this week. She would be at the bottom of the stairs waiting for us.


Potty Training
We're doing great in this area. No accidents, even when she had free range of the house all week. I was worried every day that I would come home to pee all over the carpet. Her bladder is definitely better than mine! I hope I don't regret saying this. Usually a good week is followed by a not so good week. Her last accident was over a week ago and it was when she was excited to play with the baby and didn't want to stop! 

Training
We're still working on Bailey's basics...we don't want her to forget. We're also going to take the Star Puppy class. We eventually want to take the Canine Good Citizen test, but she's not old enough yet. The Star Puppy is as close as she can get to that right now. Hopefully we'll do this in the next week or so. We just have to set up a time with our trainer. We're still trying to decide what direction we want to go in next. Possibly taking the Basics 2 class with her current trainer, or finding out what else is out there. 

Bailey is doing really well with Play Dead but she gets bored now. She will do it the right way 2 or 3 times then she just stares at you like "I'm NOT doing that again...give me another trick!". So stubborn. We just need to work on her speed and we'll be all set. Josh got bored one morning this week and decided to teach her to roll over. She is doing well with it, but only with treats for now.

Speaking of treats...I found a new treat that Bailey loves! The best thing about it...it's dirt cheap! I mentioned a while back that she loves ice. She'll run in the kitchen any time she hears us getting ice to ask for a piece. So cute. Well...I was reading something online about dog treats and ice and I got the idea to freeze flavored ice. Broths were an idea I saw that I thought was cool. You can freeze canned broths, but I had some real broth from when I cooked chicken for a meal. I decided to give it a shot. I will admit, yellow ice in an ice tray does NOT look appetizing at all, but Bailey LOVES it! I put them in her Kong sometimes and it keeps her entertained for a while. I usually rotate using one of these with PB in her Kong when we leave for work since PB isn't exactly a low fat treat for her. The only bad thing is that I have to keep her in the kitchen with these so they don't stain the carpets or anything.

 I just put these in a Ziplock bag and keep them in the freezer.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment