Sunday, September 12, 2010

We Finally Have End Tables!

We haven't done as much decorating as I would have liked so far but we're slowly making progress. We wanted to get a few end tables for the bedroom & living room but I haven't been able to find any I liked for a decent price. We don't really want to spend a lot of money on decorations since we only plan on living here for a few years. I found some simple, unfinished ones at Michael's for around $30. I used a coupon & got them for less than $20 each! This is what they look like unfinished.


We bought 2 to go beside our bed. I put one in the corner of the living room just to get it out of the way & we both liked the way it looked there. We decided to put one there too. We still need to go back & get one for the other side of the bed. We stained the one that will go in the living room a dark color & put some polyurethane over it to protect the finish & give it a little bit of a shine. This is what it looks like now. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. We already had the stain & polyurethane so it was less than $20 total. I've seen a similar one at Target for $50!


Our bed is a natural color so we're just going to put polyurethane over the ones that will go in the bedroom. I like the dark wood better so when we get new bedroom furniture we can just sand them down a little & stain them to match.

No comments:

Post a Comment