Monday, September 20, 2010

Apartment Pics

This weekend was great! Saturday we watched football & relaxed most of the day. I ran a few errands later in the evening. Yesterday was very productive but somehow still relaxing at the same time. We still watched a lot of football but we got a lot done around the apartment. We even went for a run last night after the Texans beat the Skins :-D

We picked out a rug & got a little bit of decorating done. We decided to go with a brown rug. We got a green one too but we decided against it. It didn't quite match the pillows or curtains. I also like the idea of a neutral rug because we can just change out the pillows & curtains & it will make a big difference :-) I still need to take pictures of some of the apartment but I'll post what I have for now.

When we first moved in we knew we wanted to have accent walls in our apartment. We had the hardest time deciding on the color. Josh wanted green or brown & I wanted green or yellow. We never found a green we both liked, I didn't like Josh's brown & he didn't like my yellow. We finally decided to go with a yellow...but not the yellow I wanted. It was our attempt at a compromise & it was horrible! I didn't like it at all. I thought I would get used to it but I never did. I hated it! Here is the icky yellow wall just before I painted over it.


These are a fraction of the colors we considered before finally deciding on one.


This is our living room yesterday :-) We painted a few weeks ago but I'm just getting around to taking pictures. Josh wanted to go with a darker brown but I was worried it would be too dark. After seeing a picture I think it would have been fine to go a little darker (about the shade of the rug) but this is fine.

The area over in the corner is Josh's office. We looked at an apartment with a bedroom & a "den". We were planning on using the den as an office & spare room. When I think of den, I think of a relatively large room. This den was only a little larger than our walk in closet. Considering the size of the room, the price difference with & without the den wasn't reasonable at all.

Apparently, when the dry erase board is out past the couch (like in the pic below), Josh's office door is closed. haha. I love him!

You can't really tell in this pic but the pillows on the love seat have the same green in them as the pillows on the couch & the curtains (along with teal & yellow).

This is the area above the kitchen sink. It's the perfect place for us to hang our wine glasses but the space below it just needed something.

I saw this idea on Crap I've Made & I fell in love with it!

I made this over the weekend. It was pretty easy. You just get silverware, an 8x10 frame, spray paint & some fabric. Remove the glass & paint the frame & the silverware. Cover the cardboard insert in your fabric of choice, put it back in the frame & hot glue the silverware to the fabric. I love how it turned out. I realized after I picked the fabric & got it home that I don't have any other polka dot items in the kitchen. I do have several black items so it still looks nice.

I love the way it turned out. Notice the textured wall. I love our apartment for the most part...I do NOT love the textured walls. I didn't even notice them when we came to look at the place but they are a PAIN to paint.

Here are our dishes. I LOVE them. I'm not quite sure why I took a picture of them, I guess because the match my new decor...haha. They're red & square, what more could you ask for?

We finally got around to hanging some pictures & a few other things. I'll try to get more pictures posted by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment