Sunday, September 26, 2010

Updates

It's been a while since I've updated...my job is causing me to neglect things I enjoy! UGH. As much as I may not like my job, it's very nice to finally have 2 incomes :-) We're making a lot of progress & should be saving for a down payment to save for a house in no time! Last week at work wasn't anything special...but it did mark the completion of my first month there. I definitely don't feel like I've been there a month. I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing a lot of the time I'm there. The "training" is crap...it's pretty much like...here, figure this out. I had a few good days & a few bad. This definitely isn't something I want to do long term. It just isn't for me, it's super repetitive & I get bored easy. I'm discovering that I really don't like people. I mean, I like people. Maybe it's better to say I don't like the public. I'm still looking for an FDA position. I really wish I had experience...there are almost always openings for the higher positions. It's really frustrating :-/ I finally got my schedule for October. I won't be working the same shift all month like I did this month. I will change shifts each week & I'll have to work 1 Saturday. I'm not thrilled about that, especially since we were closed on Saturdays when I interviewed.

This weekend Josh's mom, stepdad & nephew came. Josh had Friday off work so they came in Thursday night. Friday while I was at work, Josh took them downtown to the Inner Harbor & Fell's Point. I didn't mind since I've been tons of times. Josh said there were tons of jellyfish in the harbor so I am a little bummed I didn't get to see that. It's no biggie though.

Saturday was a great day. We watched the first half of the State game then left to take the family to DC. I'm so excited for my Wolfpack! They're finally living up to their potential! We're 4-0 for the first time in way too long. Why couldn't this happen while I was still there? haha.

Anyway, DC was busy & crowded as always but it was still a lot of fun. On the way there we did see a woman getting WAY too close to a man in front of two children who couldn't have been any older than 4. She could have been arrested for what she was doing in public. She was so drugged up on something she couldn't even hold her eyes open. It was really disturbing. DC always reminds me that I don't like the public. I love the Smithsonians...there is SO much to see & they are HUGE! They are also super crowded. This time we went to the Natural History museum for a little bit. Josh & I went to the Air & Space museum for a bit but I didn't enjoy it so much. I'm not super interested in that type of thing & it was even more crowded than the others. I just get so irritated when I'm trying to read something & someone who isn't watching where they're going bumps into me. On top of that...there are ALWAYS unruly children running around. I just don't get it. You're in a museum...why is your child running around like they're at the park, yelling & touching things they aren't supposed to be touching? I don't blame the children, I blame the parents who don't know what discipline is. It's really irritating.

Aside from that, we had a great time! We really enjoy American history so we went to that museum for a while. After that everyone wanted to look around a bit so we just walked around. We went to Chinatown but Josh's parents didn't really like it so we left & found something to eat. We ended up going to Austin's Grill, a Tex-Mex restaurant. It was really good. I got red snapper tacos & they were delicious! Josh got a "hangover burger" that was also delicious. It was a little different. It had typical condiments on it...chili, bacon, cheese...but it also had fried egg. I liked it. I didn't really take many pictures so I don't have much to show.

I did take some pictures of some pretty flowers. I love flowers :-)

I'm pretty sure these are Zinnias...I love these because they remind me of Dahlias. So pretty!

Hibiscus...one of my favorite flowers EVER!

I can't believe September is almost over! October is going to be so busy & exciting! Next weekend we have a wedding to go to. The following weekend we're going to Raleigh to visit friends & go to the State vs BC game...I'm SO excited for that weekend since we'll get to see our best friends. The weekend after that my dad, sister & niece will be visiting :-). The weekend after that I'll be working :-(...and finally...the last weekend of October is my birthday weekend! Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment