Saturday, September 18, 2010

It's kind of funny...

...how things work out. Josh and I were supposed to be getting married today! I'm not really sure why, but this was the wedding date we chose. I always pictured a summer wedding when I thought about my wedding day when I was growing up...I don't know how we got September out of that!

Lucky for us, one of our vendors screwed up & booked our original date. If we wouldn't have been emotionally attached we would have chose another vendor & stuck with the wedding date. I don't think I've ever been so happy about someone screwing up in my life...of course I was nowhere near happy when it first happened. We decided to move the date up rather than back for several reasons. We were both going to be graduating & potentially moving out of NC in May...that would have made it a bit harder to plan a wedding in Raleigh, we had already been dating for almost 9 years & been engaged for almost a year at that point...we were just ready to get married! We moved our wedding date to June 5 almost exactly a year ago.

Thanks to that little screw up, I've been married to the most amazing man in the world for over 3 months now! I can't believe how fast time is flying. I wouldn't trade what we have for anything. I didn't think things could get any better but the past 3 months have been the happiest of my life so far! There really aren't many big differences. We dated for so long before we got married we were pretty much set in our ways already. The only real difference is that we didn't live together before we got married. It's amazing having a wonderful husband as a roommate. He's the best roommate ever! (Aside from having to pick up stray socks ;-) ) He loads the dishwasher the way I like it (everybody has a little bit of OCD right?), if I do something to piss him off he'll just tell me & we'll fix it right away, no BS-ing around or drama...it's amazing!

A few weeks after the wedding, when I asked Josh if it was weird that things didn't feel super different since we got married he looked at me like I was crazy. He said, "we've been married for a long time baby" :-) I guess in a weird way we kind of have, just not legally of course. Not long after our wedding I was trying to think of a way to describe marriage to a friend who would be getting married soon...here's what I came up with:

It's like having a permanent sleepover with your best friend.

It really is...and it's the best sleepover ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment