Saturday, September 11, 2010

Slow Chicken Marsala

This is another recipe from my new cookbook. It calls for dry white wine but I used dry Vermouth because we had some that we never use. It was SO good.
Ingredients
3 med. onions, cut into thin wedges
6 medium carrots, cut into 1/2 in pieces
4 stalks celery, cut into 1/2 in pieces
2 6-oz jars sliced mushrooms, drained
3 t quick-cooking tapioca, crushed
9 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 t salt
1 t dried thyme
1/2 t dried oregano
1/2 t black pepper
2/3 c dry Marsala or dry white wine
1/2 c chicken broth
I didn't use celery because I don't like it. I substituted flour for the tapioca because I wasn't able to find it & it's just supposed to thicken the sauce a little. This recipe makes enough to make another dish (Creamy chicken pastry shells).
Directions
Step 1: Stir together onion, carrot, celery & mushrooms; sprinkle with tapioca. Add chicken; sprinlke with salt, thyme, oregano, & pepper. Add wine & broth.
Step 2: Cover & cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3 1/2-4 hours
I served it with rice (cooked with chicken broth instead of water for more flavor) & it was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment