Friday, December 7, 2012

Friday Favorites!!!

1) It's Friday!!! - Obviously, but I'm SO glad for Friday to finally be here. It's been an extremely busy and particularly stressful week at work. I do pretty well under pressure, but there comes a point where you just need a break. That time is now. Hopefully, I will get to work a half day or at least leave a little early so I can get ready for our Holiday party! I will also be working part of the time while we're there, but I know I'll still have a blast.

2) Overtime - I mentioned that work has been very busy. Being busy with deadlines means lots of hours. While that has left me exhausted, that means overtime. Lots of overtime=a great paycheck. A great paycheck=one step closer to being debt free. Debt free=happy me!

3) Last Friday - Last week was a busy week at work as well. Josh had a basketball game and I worked on wrapping gifts after taking Bailey out to play. I love wrapping gifts! I bought a bow maker this year and it has made it even more fun (but also much more time consuming). After that, we were just lazy. We had pizza for dinner and watched a movie. Such a relaxing night and the perfect way to wind down after a long week.

4) To - Do List Checks - Last Saturday, we checked off a few things on our to-do list that we have been putting off way too long. I shampooed the carpet in the dining room and caught up on laundry and some cleaning. It looks SO much better and I actually didn't mind it at all. Vacuuming is kind of therapeutic to me, and shampooing is very similar. Josh painted an area on the front of our house that has needed it for quite a while and caulked around our front door. The paint looks great and the caulking is keeping bad things out. Yay for taking preventative measures! Haha. 

The not so good about Saturday...we were going to go to the shooting range then out for dinner after getting so much done. We took Bailey out to play before we left. We had her on her lead and it wrapped around Josh's ankle. He sprained it and got pretty bad rope burn. We decided to put off the date so Josh could ice his ankle. 

We made the most out of a bad situation though. I made sesame chicken for us after helping Josh get settled. Then I wrapped gifts while we watched a Christmas movie!

5) Sunday - Last Sunday, we went to church for the first time in months. I'm glad we made ourselves get up and get ready. After we came home and played with Bailey a little, we went to Annapolis for lunch. I got a crab dip stuffed burger and Josh got Rockfish with crab risotto. They were both amazing and I'll have to try to make that crab risotto sometime! YUM!

The rest of the week really was a blur. I had a productive week at work and a pretty lazy week at home, until last night. We got caught up on some cleaning and got to bed pretty early. 

No comments:

Post a Comment