Thursday, December 20, 2012

Friday Favorites!

1) Christmas in VA - This past Saturday, we went to VA to have Christmas with Josh's grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousin. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive for us, so we just made it a day trip. We boarded Bailey since we knew it would be a long day. We left our house around 12. Once we got there and caught up a little, we went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. We went back to Josh's grandparent's house after lunch to catch up and exchange gifts. We had a great time with everyone! Josh's grandparents are the only grandparents I have left yet, so I really enjoy the time we spend with them.

2) Giving Back - We started doing the giving tree at church last year. We did it again this year and we delivered our gifts to church Sunday morning. We chose 2 names off the tree, one boy and one girl. For each child, we buy a toy item and a clothing item. We also brought some items in for the homeless for our church's winter relief. 

Camp Bow Wow does something similar to the giving tree this time of year as well. You don't take a name off the tree, but an item. Then you bring it back and they donate it to local shelters. I took a couple items off the tree there as well. All of our items have been delivered and I feel so good about it. 

God has blessed us in so many ways, so I like to give back since we are able. I like to feel like we are making a positive change in the world, even if it is a very small one :-). 

3) Errands - I don't love running errands, but I feel so good once they're done! Since Bailey was boarding, we were able to run errands right after church Sunday. We ended up going to the late service since we got home so late Saturday night, so we had a much later start than I had planned. Other than a couple last minute gifts I had to order online, we finished our Christmas shopping and went out for a lunch date.

4) Early Christmas - I'm SO glad we decided to open our gifts over the weekend. This week has been ridiculously busy. If we would have waited like last year, we would have had to rush through opening gifts between taking Bailey out, cooking dinner and packing. Having it Sunday allowed us to take our time and have a good meal as well. I'm thinking we might make this a tradition, at least until we have kids. I think we'll make some major changes about how we spend our holidays then. 

5) Going to NC - We're leaving after work to go to NC until Wednesday morning! I'm really excited to get away for a bit and spend some time with friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment