Thursday, December 20, 2012

Early Christmas

We open our gifts together before we go to NC to celebrate with family. It's not very traditional, but it's just not worth it to pack all our gifts, drive them down, then drive them back up here. We usually do it the day or so before we leave. This year we decided to do things a little different. We opened our gifts on Sunday! We thought it would be a good idea since we wouldn't have to rush and this week is already busy for us. 

We had a great time! We let Bailey open one first so she would be occupied while we opened ours. 

It's a puzzle. She has to move the red part first, then lift the yellow parts to get the treats that are inside. Bailey prefers to move the red part then turn the whole thing over. Sneaky girl.

 We like to try to guess what's in the box before we open gifts. Josh guessed fishing gear. (Notice Russell Wilson in the background. Haha.)

Bailey wanted to help Daddy open his gifts. 

It was a Dremel tool!

I got a few kitchen gadgets, some of my favorites!

Next, it was time for Josh to work on his big gift. I wish I would have taken pictures of this part, but of course, I forgot. Josh's guess for this one was a gun. I would have loved to have gotten him a gun, but that's something we'll pick out together. Haha. He had to go through 5 boxes to get to this one! He got a new iPod Touch!

Then, it was time for me to open my big gift. I wish I could remember what I guessed, but it was something off the wall. It was a box filled with random things from around the house and this note...

I went to the half bath and found...
SCORE! I was SO excited! I've been wanting one of these forever and I definitely didn't expect one this year. Josh was super sneaky. He bought it when we went shopping on Black Friday. It was in the trunk the entire time we were in NC (of course, I wasn't allowed to look in there). He has been asking me for ideas since then, so I thought he just got something small and still needed to get something else. He even had me change our Amazon account so he would get e-mails when something was ordered rather than me. It has been hiding in the garage this entire time. He didn't wrap it because I would have guessed what it was as soon as I saw the size of the box.

Next, it was time for stockings. I had some more kitchen gadgets in mine. Josh had a fishing lure and some accessories for his Dremel tool.

Bailey had a Wubba!

No comments:

Post a Comment