Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday Favorites!!!

It's Friday, y'all! You know what that means...this seems to be the only post I can keep up with these days.

1) Short Week - We had a 2 1/2 day work week last week! We just worked a half day Wednesday so we could get to my sister's house at a decent time.

2) Amazon Lightning Deals - Amazon has Lightning deals all last week for Black Friday. They'll have them again this week for Cyber Monday. I've been able to get a pretty good amount of our Christmas shopping done without leaving home :-). 

3) Bark Box - I love getting Bark Boxes almost as much as Bailey does I think!

4) Thanksgiving! - Of course, I loved Thanksgiving. We usually have 3 Thanksgiving dinners since all of our family lives in the same area. This year, we only made it to 2. We still ate more delicious food than we should have though!

5) Play Date - We stayed with Hutch while we were in Raleigh (Thanks Bro!!!). We got to his house around 4:30 Friday afternoon. We briefly thought about going to the NC State basketball game that night, then decided against it pretty quickly. Neither of us were up for it, so we invited Carter over for a play date with Bailey. I'm SO glad we did. They both really enjoyed themselves! We got to relax and enjoy some time alone while the dogs tired themselves out. What more could you ask for? We ended up winning our game, but it's one I'm not too disappointed I missed ;-).


6) Football! - We got up to go tailgate Saturday morning. We had a really great time catching up and eating lots of delicious, unhealthy tailgating food! We were finally back on dirt and grass to tailgate! That may sound silly, but our last two away tailgates were on asphalt. I do not like tailgating on asphalt, so it was definitely good to be home!


After tailgating for a while, it was time to go to the game. We ended up getting a really good Groupon deal on some pretty good seats (I think what I miss most about being a student is getting great tickets all year for next to nothing)! The game was not amazing, but we still had a really good time and we won. I even got to catch up with Brittany a little at halftime, so that was an extra plus!

7) Ride Home - We were pretty sure we were going to hit horrible traffic on the way home Sunday, so we planned on leaving by 7:30. Of course we ended up leaving later than we planned. We ended up leaving around 8:30 and got home around 1:45. Not bad at all! We hit a few slow points, but nothing like last year, so we were both extremely excited about that!

8) Christmas Decorations - I love decorating for Christmas! We put our tree together before we left for Thanksgiving weekend so it would be ready to decorate by the time we got back. We decorated the tree Sunday after we got home. I'm still tweaking it, but we're getting decorations up slowly. I hope to be finished soon and post some more pictures over the weekend.
This was my fall wreath that Brittany made for my birthday. I just took my fall decorations off and added some more Christmassy things to it. I may add a little more, but I like it for now :-).

9) Dress Deal - Monday, I worked half a day so I could be home for some contractors that were coming to look at our roof. After they left, I had time to shop for a dress for our holiday party before I had to pick Josh up from work. I ended up finding a REALLY good deal on one! I'm so excited I didn't end up spending a lot of money on a dress I was only going to wear once!

10) Last, but definitely not least, IT'S FRIDAY!!! This week has been ridiculously busy and quite stressful. I'm just ready to relax and spend a little bit of QT with Josh and Bailey. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment