Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday Favorites!

1) Football Party - We decided to have some friends over to watch our homecoming game. We have a group of friends who graduated from State and now live in VA, so we invited them over. We had fun catching up even the game was absolutely horrible. The game was also on ESPN3 for us and we kept losing it. Not good. We finally found it online, but at that point, it was just too painful to watch. Not good. Here's to hoping tomorrow goes much better!

2) Hutch - Hutch is here visiting! He got in last Friday evening and he will be leaving Sunday morning. I willl post more details about his trip later, but it's been great catching up with him.

3) Friends - We're usually so busy, we don't hang out with people very much. While we've been on vacation this week, it has been much easier. We usually don't do anything after work so we can focus on spending time with Bailey. When we're at home most of the day, we don't feel guilty about leaving her for a few hours during the night. Last weekend we went to a friend's birthday party and we had a couple friends over last night to hang out for a while. We haven't had this much social interaction in a while. Haha. 

4) Aquarium - We used to go to the aquarium a lot. Hutch has wanted to go the past 2 times he's been up to visit, but it hasn't worked out. We finally made it work! We went yesterday and we had a great time. One of my favorite areas of the aquarium is closed until the summer (this also happens to be where the sea turtle lives), so I was a little bummed about that. It is going to be SO much better when it re-opens though! We went to a dolphin demonstration and the trainers showed us a little bit about training them. It's actually quite similar to target training a dog. They have 8 dolphins at the aquarium, but only 3 were part of the demonstration. One of them, the youngest, was named Bayley (her named is spelled different, but that's because she's named after the Chesapeake Bay)! Of course, I'm biased and she was my favorite :-). This was by far my favorite part of our day at the aquarium! 

Bayley

Little baby Bayley. SO cute! 

5) Sleeping in - I don't sleep in much, even on the weekends when I can. This week, I have made it a point to sleep in. If I wake up early, I've been going back to sleep instead of getting up and getting right to work like I usually would. I'm going to need it, because the holidays are right around the corner and it's such a busy time for us! I even took a nap one day. Go me! Haha.

6) New Vet - We were not pleased with the vet we used to take Bailey to. I didn't like it the first time we went, but it was closest to our house, so we kept going. The last time we went, I was determined to find a new vet. I found one I decided I wanted to take Bailey to a while back. She was due for her heartworm test and some vaccines in the next couple of weeks, so we took her while we were off from work this week. It's a bit farther from home, but it's a much nicer facility, the staff is much nicer, and most importantly, we like Bailey's new vet better. She let Bailey sniff her before she did anything, she got down on the floor and played with her for a couple minutes, and she let Bailey sniff anything before she did anything new to her. So, this is where we will be going from now on! Hopefully we won't be going back too soon! Bailey has some odd spots on her skin. We just got some topical spray from the vet to see if that clears it up. If we don't see any improvement in the next week, we will have to go back to run some tests.

7) Pinterest - Pinterest has private boards now!!! I've been waiting for this feature and I'm so excited it's finally here!

No comments:

Post a Comment