Friday, February 3, 2012

Date Night Inspiration

Date night is very important to Josh and I. We try to go on at least 2 dates a month, more if possible. They don't have to be extravagant...they can even be at home dates. They just have to get our minds off the stressful stuff, and on each other. The day to day things like work, home improvements, etc. can be stressful or just annoying. We just have to get away from all that every once in a while and just BE together. 

Sometimes it's easy to fall into a routine. You know, dinner, a movie...same ole same ole kind of thing. We've been pretty good about doing different things lately, but sometimes you just run out of ideas. Well...while searching on Pinterest this week, I found a new blog that I love! The Dating Divas. There are so many date ideas on this blog. I'll be the first to admit, some of them are a little too cheesy for my taste, but there are some really cool, unique ideas that I would like to try. There are ideas for group dates, at home dates...you name it.Some of the at home ones may be a little challenging for us since we're ALWAYS home together. We work the same schedule and share the car, so there is no time to prepare for anything before he gets home. I'll just have to get creative.

Here are some of the ideas I really like:

The Fate Burger - This one would be a lot of fun if we knew more couples up here. Burgers are Josh's favorite food, and this would be a great way to try some new things while hanging out with friends.

My Choice, Your Choice - This is a good way to make sure we're both doing something we like while we're on a date. And it's one of those things you can do at home, so that's always nice for when we're short on time or when the date budget is gone for the month. 

The Post It Date - No explanation needed for this one.

Discovering a new town together - This one would be good for us since we're in a new area.

I haven't had a lot of time to check out much more of the blog, but I have a feeling I'll be borrowing lots of ideas in the near future. I'm glad I found this in time for Valentine's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment