Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Favorites!

1) Cleaning - Yep, I spent most of Saturday getting a head start on Spring Cleaning and I loved it. Josh worked on Saturday, so I didn't feel guilty by not spending time with him. I actually don't mind cleaning, I just don't like doing it after a full day of work. I got up early and got to work! We still have some stuff to do (mostly sort through things to donate and clean out the garage), but our house feels much cleaner now that I've dusted all those tiny crevices I don't get to on a weekly basis!

2) Prison Break - Josh and I finally finished the series last weekend. It's nice to know how everything ends, but I didn't like how it ended. It was just too sad. 

3) Guest Room - I bought a new comforter for the guest room with my Bed Bath and Beyond gift cards! We decided on this one. There were several others that I liked, but they were either more than we wanted to pay, or Josh didn't like them. We wanted something that wasn't too feminine. I really love the one we got, I just kind of wish the color was different. I LOVE the way it feels and I love the design. I do like the color, it's just kind of close to the colors in our living room. I was originally thinking of a navy color, but I haven't been able to find a navy comforter that doesn't look like it belongs in a little boy's room anywhere. I was just tired of the guest bedroom looking so...blah. We still need to paint and get some more furniture, so I'll post real pictures then.

4) Bailey - Josh has a big deadline coming up soon, so he's been working a lot of hours (see #1). I've been working my normal hours, so I come home to play with Bailey and start dinner before we go get Josh. I love having our family time together, but it's nice for just the two of us to hang out too. She's such a sweet baby!

5) Re-Finance - Yes we did...and we haven't even been in our house a year yet! Even though the rates were low when we bought our house, they're even lower now! Our lender called up a few weeks ago and said we could save quite a bit of money. We went to settlement on Wednesday so it's a done deal! Our payment is lower now, but we're going to continue to pay what we're paying now. That will equal an extra payment per year. YAY for extra principal without increasing our payment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment