Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Favorites!

This week could have been better. We got some not so great news and that has kind of put me in a foul mood for the last day or so. But, life happens. That's why I do these things, to remind myself that the week wasn't all bad.

1) Passport Progress - Since I'm just renewing my passport, I was just able to send in my application with the required documents and a check. Well, the check posted to my account this week. I know it will probably be a while before I get it, but at least there's progress!

2) Pub Dog - Josh and I decided to grab dinner while we were out running errands Saturday. We decided on Pub Dog. We went there for the first time when we came up to look for apartments. It's a local brew pub/restaurant. They have lots of unique and DELICIOUS pizza flavors. It's a really fun place. We'll have to go more. They have an outdoor patio where you can bring your dogs. Saturday was NOT a day we would have wanted to do this! It was one of the rare days over the past few months when it actually felt like winter.

3) Valentine's Day - I love Valentine's Day! I love getting flowers (Josh gave me my flowers a day early this year because he knew I wouldn't be expecting them) :-). We decided to cook a nice meal in. We don't really go out ON Valentine's Day for V-Day dinner anymore. The restaurants are just too crowded and we're not fans of the overpriced V-Day menus. We decided to make Steak, steamed asparagus and mushroom risotto. It was all SO good! We shared some really good red wine we got from St. Michael's Winery when we visited a few weeks ago. I love when we can put a date or some sort of story to a bottle of wine we share rather than just picking one off the shelf at a store. I don't mind that either though. Haha. Anyway, I've been wanting to decorate our guest bedroom so Josh got me a gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond. Josh has been wanting to go fishing, so I got him a tackle box and a gift card to Bass Pro Shops. I may or may not have made a super cheesy card that may or may not have had something to do with fish.

4) Yappy Hour - I'm sure I've mentioned before that Camp Bow Wow has monthly Yappy Hours. We went to one this past Wednesday. Not only is Bailey's daycamp cheaper on those days, but we get to drink wine, snack on delicious cheeses and socialize. A few months ago, I met a Mastiff and her owner. She was huge but still growing. I saw her again yesterday and she's even bigger! She's already 135 pounds and she's only 9 months old. It's so hard for me to believe a baby weighs more than I do! She's a sweetheart though. Her feet are just ginormous! I think Bailey would love to have a big sister that she could run under! By the time we get a second dog, she'll probably be a grouchy old lady though.

5) Happy Hour - Josh's company hosted a happy hour yesterday afternoon. We both had a great time mingling and getting to know Josh's co-workers better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment