Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Favorites!

1) Productive Saturday - Josh and I decided that we would clean our carpets over the weekend, so we removed all the furniture from the State Room and Living Room before we went to bed Friday night. I got up early Saturday morning (just like every Saturday morning) and hit the ground running. I had a quick breakfast, planned our meals for this week, worked out and started prepping to clean the carpets. I vacuumed the floor and all those little crevices, dusted the baseboards, cleaned the glass doors, etc. I played with Bailey a bit then woke Josh up. The actual cleaning took a while longer than we thought, but we were cleaning the higher traffic areas of the house. We finished the den then took Bailey to her play date with Pete. We came back home to "finish up". We were  only able to clean the living room and dining room before it was time to leave. I was a little disappointed at first, because that meant we would have to spend another weekend cleaning the stairs and bedrooms. Once I realized how long it was going to take for the carpet to dry, I was glad! We're planning on cleaning the rest of the house this coming weekend.

2) Dinner Date - We worked literally all day Saturday. As a reward, we went to El Nayar, a local Mexican restaurant armed with a Groupon and some Corona since it was a BYOB restaurant.The food was cheap, so we got appetizers and some stuff to go, just to use up the Groupon! They had cactus salad (we had some on our honeymoon and it was delicious!), so of course I had to get a side of that as well. It was good, but not as good as what we had on our honeymoon.

3) TV - We got a TV for the State Room!

4) Shredding - As I predicted, I didn't keep working out through all the visitors we had over the last couple weeks. I got the motivation to start again and I've been sticking with it pretty well. Day 2 was pretty rough since I was still a bit sore from Day 1. After Day 3, it seemed to get a little easier. I'm not cheating on the push-ups anymore, but I'm still doing the girl version. I'm such a wimp, but I'll work my way up :-). I'm clearly not seeing results yet, but I already feel much better about myself. I had Josh take pictures of me so I can visually see the progress. I plan on taking them every week, hopefully that will keep me motivated! I had intentions on posting them, but then I looked at them and decided otherwise. They're not flattering at all! Hopefully they will keep me motivated.

Bailey doing her yoga :-) She still enjoys when I work out too. She thinks crunch time is time for her to chew on my ponytail. Haha.

5) Paying Down Debt - This has been a HUGE goal of ours since before we were even married. The house obviously slowed us down a LOT. Well, as of today, we have all our interest bearing credit card debt paid off! We do have a credit card that is carrying a balance, but it's 0%. We'll just pay a little more than the minimum on that one for now so we can focus on getting our student loan debt paid down! If all goes well, we should have all our student loan debt paid off within a year! That will be a HUGE step for us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment