Sunday, January 29, 2012

Friday Favorites!

Again, this is a little late, but we had family in town this weekend! I'll save that stuff for next week though :-)


1) Snow - We got some snow on Saturday. It wasn't a lot, but it was enough to take Bailey out to play in. She LOVES it! We had so much fun with her
.
2) St. Michael's - We visited St. Michael's Winery on Saturday since we had a Living Social voucher that was expiring soon. We also went to a brewery while we were there. We had a really great time at both places. It was nice to get out and do something other than dinner for a date. We had dinner too, but it wasn't JUST dinner :-).

3) Shooting Range - For our second date of the week, Josh took me to the shooting range after work on Tuesday. I've never shot anything except a beebee gun, and that was when I was like 12...if that, so shooting a 9 ml was a huge difference! Honestly, I was a bit nervous at first, but once I got used to the kick and the loud noise, I really enjoyed it. We're planning on getting a gun in the near future, so this is how we'll decide exactly which kind to get. We found a 9 ml that we both like (it's not Josh's favorite, but his favorite jammed on me a few times...that's not good).

4) Surprise Dinner - I usually cook, and Josh helps me clean the kitchen. Well, he surprised me not once, but twice this week by cooking dinner for me! This gave me some extra time to catch up on some things I've been putting off around the house. He made pasta one night and salmon cakes the other. YUM!

5) Catching Fire and Mockingjay - I finished The Hunger Games books this week. Again, SO good! They were all very good books and they went SO fast! They're not what I would typically read. I actually had no clue at all what they were about until I started reading them. I just kept hearing people talk about how good they were, so I thought I would give them a chance. SO glad I did. I can't say I would have read them if I would have known what they were about. Haha. I'm a little sad they're over, but I'm satisfied with the ending  :-) I can't wait for the movie to come out now.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great week! You'll have to tell Josh to make me some of the salmon cakes :D they sound delicious- probably because I love salmon :D

    I would also love to go to the shooting range! Glad you had fun :D I always love when we go shoot on John's uncle's farm :D

    And I AM ADDICTED TO THE HUNGER GAMES :D I'm mad I have to work because all i want to do is read them :D

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete