Saturday, January 14, 2012

Friday Favorites!

1) I'm going to be a bridesmaid! - This should have actually been in last weeks post, but I was lazy and wrote it ahead of time. I forgot to add this in before I posted...so here it is now. One of my really good friends, Brittany, is getting married in July. She was one of my bridesmaids and one of the few friends I've REALLY kept in touch with since we moved. I'm so excited to be a part of her special day :-)

2) Drive to work - If you know anything about Baltimore, you know it's not a beautiful city. Fun, yes. Pretty...umm...no. Well, I had to work Saturday and I had to come in pretty early. It was still dark when I was driving in. I've driven past the city in the dark before, but I've never really paid any attention to it. It was actually really pretty. There was no one on the road that early, so it was actually a very peaceful ride in. 

3) House progress -  We've been taking a break on house projects lately. We were just so burned out on it! We made some serious progress this weekend. We fixed the tiled area behind our toilet. I don't think I ever posted about this, so you probably have no clue what I'm talking about. Basically, when we put our tile down, we mis-guessed (for lack of a better word) how close we needed to get to the toiled hole. We weren't close enough, and you could tell when we put the toilet back in. Josh fixed that area while I was working Saturday. We repaired the areas of the carpet that Bailey had chewed up too! We got a few other things done and we started on some seasonal deep cleaning! YAY us! Haha.

4) Vacation! - I can't get too excited yet, because it's still several months away, but we bought our plane tickets to Miami! We'll be going around Memorial Day and I can't wait to get away for a while! We've already started planning some of the activities we'll do while we're visiting Anna and John, so we're both getting really excited!

5) Snow - One day this week, I think Monday or Tuesday, we got a little snow! Our weather has been ridiculous. It was 64 on Saturday, and it snowed a few days later. Crazy. Anyway, it was just enough to cover the ground a little. We got to take Bailey out in it. She wore her shoes so snow wouldn't get stuck all between her toes. She was SO curious and she loved it. I kicked it around a little bit for her and she enjoyed chasing it...and eating it. Haha. She LOVED running in it. It was so funny because she's clumsy anyway...she's even more clumsy with her shoes on. She slipped a few times but she's getting the hang of them. It did take her a while to go to the bathroom, but hopefully that will get better as she sees snow more. It was all gone by morning, but it stuck around longer than I thought! It was enough to be pretty, but there was no mess the next day :-)

6) One Tree Hill - The season FINALLY started. I've been pretty bummed that the final season isn't even a whole season :-/ Oh well. I'll enjoy what's left. I've been watching this show since season 1 (way back in the high school days), so I've definitely been looking forward to it, and I'm a little more than slightly bummed that this is the last season.

2 comments:

  1. 1) YAY for being a bridesmaid!! I am so excited for you!

    2) I CANT WAIT FOR YOU TO GET HERE!! AHHH!

    3) I didnt watch OTH yet- I am STOKED. I heard its confusing though, so I am going to go back and watch the last two from last season first. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is confusing, but I don't think watching any of last season will really help. It's confusing because of the way it starts. I'm guessing it either has something to do with how the season is going to end, or it's another one of those crazy dream things.

    ReplyDelete