Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Favorites!

TGIF! This has been a long one and I'm SO glad to finally see Friday! I just have to get through 1 more day of work. Whew!


1) Basketball - NC State had a really great game against Wake Forest on Saturday and last night against BC! I'm impressed with our new coach so far :-) On top of that, FSU had a pretty big win too! Only the biggest win against a top 10 team since the AP Poll has been in existence. ;-) 

2) Ravens - TJ Yates just wasn't able to pull out a win against the Ravens on Sunday! If they don't step it up this week, I fear what Tom Brady might do to them though :-/

3) Annapolis - Josh's dad visited this weekend and he wanted to visit Annapolis. Even though it was in the 30s and windy, we still had a good time. I really love Annapolis. It's fun to just walk around and look at shops and boats. It's known to be a really dog friendly place too, so we'll most likely be taking Bailey when it warms up a bit. We walked along the water to look at the boats (I always have fun picking out my favorite one) and we checked out the Naval Academy. We saw TONS of jellyfish in the water (they were really small though). It's a beautiful historic area.

4) New camera - As I've mentioned on here before, my camera had to be sent off to be repaired after Thanksgiving. Well, it came back and worked mostly fine for a few weeks. Then, suddenly, it started doing weird things like zooming in on its own and not recording video. I called the warranty company again. It turned out that it would be cheaper to get a new camera. They credited the remaining value of the camera after the first repair and we only had to spend about $30 extra for the new one! We have such horrible luck with cameras and phones! I obviously got the extended warranty again since it paid off so well this time. haha. We would have been out of a few hundred dollars otherwise because I starting having issues a couple months after the manufacturers warranty expired.

5) The Girl who Kicked the Hornets Nest and The Hunger Games - I finished the last book in the Dragon Tattoo series. I really liked all the books, but the second one was my favorite. The third one was probably the slowest, but it was still good. I also started and finished The Hunger Games! It's a great book and I can't wait to read the next two! 

No comments:

Post a Comment