Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday Favorites!

This week is definitely one of those weeks I'm glad I do this. Without consciously looking for the positives, it would have definitely been a not so good week.


1) Raleigh - We traveled to Raleigh to spend New Years with our friends. We got in Friday night and stayed until Sunday evening. We had a great time! Bailey had lots of time to play with her doggy friends, Abby and Carter. We got to go to our first NC State basketball game since we've graduated, so that was really nice. We had a great New Years Eve party and had so much fun catching up with old friends. AND...not traffic again!

2) The Girl who Played with Fire - I finished the second book of the series near the beginning of our trip to Raleigh Friday. It was SO good, even better than the first one maybe :-)

3) Day OFF - Josh and I both had Monday off. We made sure we took advantage of that extra day :-) We got a couple things done around the house and went out for a little lunch date. The restaurant we were planning on going to ended up being closed on Mondays, so we just rode around Canton until we found a nice area. We got out and walked around for like 45 seconds before we decided on a nice little Irish Pub for lunch. (It was SO cold and windy, so I wasn't being picky). This marked the 10th new restaurant we tried, so I got to cross that off my 101 in 1001 list! I should have picked more than 10 restaurants, but I didn't realize how much we ate out! After lunch, we went to the new Harris Teeter in Baltimore. I know it seems silly, but I was so excited! We only have a few HTs up here and we're not close to any of them. This one is REALLY nice. We can't buy beer and wine at grocery stores here like we can back home, but this Harris Teeter has an attached store and bar. You have to pay for your grocery and alcohol items at their respective locations, but it's still much more convenient than most places around here :-).

4) Shredding - I started the 30 day Shred! I tried this a couple years ago and wasn't able to stick with it, but I'm determined to finish it now. I'll most likely be starting over since we're having 2 sets of visitors this month, but that's OK, as long as I'm trying! Bailey hasn't ever seen me do much other than running or push ups, so she was super confused. She kept trying to bring me toys. I guess since I was jumping around like an idiot, she thought it was play time. I was doing crunches and she came and sat on my stomach with a toy in her mouth. Haha. It was really cute, but also a little annoying. I guess she really is good practice for kids.

5) Bailey - Today was one of those not so good days. I was already in a much better time by the time Josh and I got home, but Bailey made it even better. She just gets so happy when we come home, it's hard not to get in a good mood. She howled several times for us, probably more than she ever has at one time, so of course I was super excited about that! GO WOLFPACK!

No comments:

Post a Comment