Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday Favorites!!!

Hiking - State had a bye week last weekend, so we took advantage of that and went to Cunningham Falls State Park to go hiking. It was a little cool, but that was perfect for hiking because we didn't really get hot. The trail we took was just under a mile, so pretty short. It was Bailey's first hike, so this was sort of a test run. It's not too far from our house, so we hope to go back to do the 7 mile hike at some point. 



 Love her with her backpack! 

 This is the spot we chose to hang out for lunch. So beautiful! We took a bone for Bailey to chew on while we ate, but she preferred playing in the stream. 

HUGE caterpillar looking thingy



Pretty girl!


And...on the way, we saw a dang ZEBRA! It was just hanging out on this little farm. Crazy!

Running - Until this week, I hadn't been running since we ran our 10K in September. I FINALLY took Bailey running on Monday. It was a very short run, only 1.3 miles, but I did run my fastest mile yet! It felt really good to run and I really need to make sure I'm setting aside the time to go for a run a few times a week. I want to stay in shape so I can hopefully finish in less than an hour in next year's 10K!

The Midwife's Confession - Anna turned me on to this book and it's great! 

Short Friday - I only have to work a few hours today, so I'm really excited about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment