Sunday, November 3, 2013

Friday Favorites!!!

I don't even know why I call these Friday Favorites anymore, because I NEVER post on Fridays! Haha. Nevertheless, last week was awesome!

AJ & Kristen Visit - AJ & Kristen came to visit last week. They got in late Thursday night. Josh and I both worked a short day on Friday so we could hang out with them. We went to a winery after work, then came back to our place for dinner and to hang out. We played Taboo for a while and had a great time! Saturday was game day, so I prepared some food for us to eat. We had a couple other friends over for the game too. It was a horrible game, but we had a good time hanging out. Jen brought baby Zach over and he put his charms on all the guys :-). 

IKEA/Date Night - When we woke up Sunday morning, I asked Josh what he wanted to do. I expected him to say he wanted to just be lazy. He surprised me and said he wanted to take me birthday shopping at IKEA! I love IKEA. You know those play centers you used to go play at when you were a kid? The ones where you can pretend you're a doctor or whatever? Well, IKEA is kind of like the grown up version of that for me. Haha. I like to walk through the showroom and look at all the setups they have, especially the kitchens. I picked out the bookshelf that I've been wanting for the living room. I have put it together, but I haven't set it up yet. I'll have to post pictures once I do!

After IKEA, we decided to get a movie. We watched Gatsby. It was OK, but not great. Even if the movie wasn't amazing, it was nice to cuddle up on the couch and just relax after an eventful weekend. :-)

My Birthday - I turned 27 on Wednesday. It was a great birthday! I got flowers from Josh. He bought me a mum. I LOVE mums. A lot of times, he will get me living plants now. I'm really good at killing living plants, but mums seem to be something I can keep alive. Haha. I got a birthday lunch at work. After work, Josh and I went out for sushi for dinner. It's been a while since we've had sushi, so it was really nice. We went home and shared some wine and were just lazy for the rest of the night. It was a great birthday!

San Jose - Josh and I get training money each year from our company. We've both found a class that we can take in San Jose. We were originally planning on going to San Francisco in February, but now we're able to roll that trip in with our training and take it sooner. We're both super excited about it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment