Saturday, October 19, 2013

Friday Favorites

Busch Gardens - Last Friday, we took the day off to go to Busch Gardens for Jen's birthday. As I mentioned in my last Friday Favorites post, we got a great deal on our tickets!

We saw grey wolves! Beautiful!

We saw the Clydesdales. This is the baby, Aidan. He is a year and a half and weighs 1100 pounds!

Photo
Me with the hubby!


Love these guys!

We had such a great time celebrating Jen's birthday!!!

Visit with the grandparents - After leaving the Williamsburg area, we drove to visit with Josh's grandparents, mom and step-dad. We haven't visited with Josh's grandparents since April, so it was really nice to get by to see them!

Inlaws Visit - Josh's mom and step-dad came back home with us and visited Saturday and Sunday night. They haven't been to the house in a year, so we had lots of new stuff to show them! Aaron helped out with a couple small projects and gave us some tips on our big project (see below).

Ceiling Repair - I haven't posted about this yet, but we flooded our kitchen a few weeks back and we've been working on repairing it since then. It was labor intensive with the drying, moving furniture, covering EVERYTHING, repairing drywall and painting the ceilings.

Here are a couple pictures of the damage:


This is the mostly finished project:
It's not perfect, but it's MUCH better! We still need to touch up the red wall a little. We ripped off a little of the red paint while untaping and sanding. We'll do that this coming week.

New Laundry Closet Doors - My laundry closet doors have been broken for a LONG time. Like 2 years long. They were hard to open and close and they regularly fell off the track. We finally replaced them last weekend! We had to replace them with the same bi-fold type of doors, but they're brand new and they work like a charm!

Work - I mentioned in my last post that I might have to work a part time schedule during the shutdown. Even though the shutdown went into the following week when that schedule was supposed to start, I was able to work a full schedule and I didn't have to eat through all of my vacation. Unfortunately, it looks like this could happen again at the beginning of next year, so I'm still trying not to use any vacation if I can avoid it.

Pumpkin Beer Tasting - We invited Josh's entire team over for a pumpkin beer tasting. We had about 20 people and each of those people brought a pumpkin beer to share. There were SO many and we didn't even make it to all of them! My favorites were Elysian's Dark O' The Moon (surprisingly because this is a stout!) and Weyerbacher's Imperial Pumpkin (not surprising at all). I made chili and had a chili bar. I included chili toppings (cheese, jalapenos, etc.) and things that people like to put chili on (cornbread, hotdogs, mini chili bowls, grilled cheese). For dessert, I had a delicious Apple Crunch cake, a pumpkin roll and iced cookies. The chili bar was definitely a success and I plan on doing one again!

I didn't take many pictures at all because people were starting to arrive just as I was finishing up.


No comments:

Post a Comment