Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Apple Crisp

I had quite a few Gala apples that I needed to use up. I have quite the sweet tooth, so the first thing I considered making was apple pie. I wasn't quite in the mood for that, so I googled and found Apple Crisp. YUM! It seemed easy and quick enough. It was!

I used the following recipe, but scaled it down a bit.


Ingredients:
- 8 Apples
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted

Directions

- Mix together flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and egg. The mixture will look
like cornmeal.

- Peel, core, and slice the apples. Mix together with 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon. Place apples in a greased 8 inch square pan. Spread flour mixture over the apples. Mix together 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar; sprinkle over the top of the crisp. Drizzle with butter or margarine.

- Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for one hour. Serve warm.
 


This would have been really good served over ice cream. I didn't have any, so I just put some whipped cream on it. It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment