Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Guest Bathroom Upgrade

When we moved into our house, there were several smallish projects we thought we would do right away. We have taken a lot longer to do these projects for various reasons. We recently finished upgrading our guest bathroom! We painted, framed the mirror, upgraded the bathroom hardware, replaced the faucet and painted the cabinets.

This is what our guest bathroom looks like right now. I'm very happy with it.
We chose Sherwin Williams Bold Brick for the walls. I love this color! The frame was made from materials we had laying around the garage, so it didn't cost any extra money, just a little extra time.

Here are a couple pictures of the bathroom when we first moved in. 
 Beige walls. These really needed some color!

Unframed mirror. It's so plain and ugly.

 This is the old, hideous faucet we had.

New faucet! About $40 (for the faucet and new pipes to go under the sink) and 30 minutes of my time later...HUGE improvement.

 New TP roll holder. I didn't take a picture of the old one, but it was hideous! I also picked up a new towel rack.

 The cabinets and frame are painted with Sherwin Williams Burnished Brandy. I used the All Purpose Enamel for these cabinets. I used the ProClassic on our master bathroom cabinets. Between the two, I definitely prefer the ProClassic. The All Purpose Enamel seemed to take much longer to dry and it didn't dry as hard as the ProClassic. I'll definitely keep this in mind for the future.

I spray painted the hinges just like I did in our master bathroom. They turned out well. I also added the quiet shut hinge adapters. I still love these things! They're holding up very well and they make a huge difference! They're definitely worth a few dollars a piece!

I'm not sure exactly how much this upgrade ended up costing us, because we did it over time. I could figure it out, but I'm too lazy. I'll estimate around $125. Totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment