Wednesday, January 30, 2013

What Peeves You?

I'm supposed to be on a low carb kick right now. I'm trying to drop a few pounds and I figured that would be easier if I didn't have pasta or potatoes 6 nights a week. Well, today started out with a Chick-Fil-A biscuit. Who can say no when an amazing co-worker offers to pick up breakfast? Then Jimmy John's for lunch. Hey, it was free lunch, I didn't pick the place, and who can bring themselves to get the "unwich" when their french bread is so amazing? Not this girl. I decided to go all in and have baked spaghetti for dinner.

That's when this random thought popped into my head. It drives me absolutely insane when people call all pasta spaghetti. There are SO many types of pasta. How can you call them all spaghetti? We don't address all people as "person", can't we show one of the best foods EVER the same respect? Haha. 

This, my friends, is spaghetti.



These...are NOT spaghetti!

Of course, this made me think of the other things that drive me crazy. Why do some people call all cereal Corn Flakes. I grew up around a ton of people who did this and I just don't get it. Lucky Charms > Corn Flakes people. How could you call them the same thing?

Then that lead me to think about a million other pet peeves of mine...
- People not using a turn signal
- People leaving their turn signal on for a mile and not turning
- People driving slow in the fast lane
- People who stop in a traffic circle to let people in
(Notice a trend here? People drive horribly here.)
- People who sneeze/cough in their hands
- Honey Boo Boo
- Taylor Swift songs
- People who text or answer the phone at dinner

I'll stop now, so I can go get that delicious bakes spaghetti out of the oven. 

These are the types of random thoughts that cross my mind on a daily basis.

What drives you insane?

No comments:

Post a Comment