Friday, January 11, 2013

Baby Washcloth "Lollipop" Tutorial

I have several friends and some family having babies this year. 6 to be exact. Yes, 6 babies in one year...and it's only January! Needless to say, I've been looking for ideas and trying to find creative ways to give gifts. I didn't want to just throw a bunch of baby supplies in a gift bag.

I saw this idea on Pinterest a while back and I just knew I had to make them for the next baby shower I was invited to. They are a very cute way of presenting a practical gift for any new mom. 

Materials: 
- baby washcloths
- baby spoons or forks
- ribbon
- tulle
- scissors

Directions:
Cut your tulle into squares. You will need one square per "lollipop" I did not measure mine, but they were approximately 6x6. 

Cut a piece of ribbon for each lollipop you will be making. I cut my to about 9-10".

Now, you're finished with your prep and you're ready to start. Fold a washcloth in half 3 times, until you have a long, narrow piece, like this.

Now, roll the washcloth up as tight as you can get it. It should look something like this.

Next, place the washcloth over the utensil. While holding it, wrap the tulle around the washcloth and utensil tightly. While holding it, tie a knot around the utensil using the ribbon. Finally, tie a bow with your ribbon and trim any excess. You're done! 


***You may find it easier to wrap a rubber band around the tulle first. I did not want to worry about having to hide the rubber bands and I wanted to use a thin ribbon, so I did not do this.*** 

I'm very pleased with how these turned out. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment