Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday Favorites!!!

Woo hoo!!! It's Friday again!

1) NC State Basketball - We didn't get to watch the game Wednesday, but we got to see most of the one on Saturday. I'm super excited that we won both! Now I'm just hoping we can pull off a big win against Duke tomorrow afternoon!

2) More NC State Basketball - We're going to the game at MD Wednesday night! It will be our first away basketball game, so we're both pretty excited about it.

3) Playoffs - Overall, I'm very excited about the outcome of the playoffs so far. I'm SUPER excited about Seattle winning! I'm very happy for Russell Wilson to have a playoff win his rookie year! And a Redskins loss is a plus (Although I feel really bad for RG3. I like him, just not his team). I'm also very excited for a Ravens win! With Ray Lewis retiring this year, it's a really big deal here. Of course, I'm pulling for Seattle to go all the way. They not only have Russell Wilson, but Sweezy and Hauschka. That's 3 former Wolfpack players v. 0 for the Ravens...and the Ravens have a Carolina player, so that's like -1. I do hope they do well, and if the Seahawks can't pull it off, the Ravens will definitely be my backup team to pull for. Here's to hoping for a great game in Denver this weekend!!!

4) Shooting Range - We finally made it back to the shooting range, and this time we had some instruction. We shot several guns, and I did pretty well with all of them.

5) Meal Planning - I have gotten out of meal planning for a few months, but I've picked it back up. Hopefully I will stick with it now. It is so nice to come home and just know what's for dinner. No rumbling around in the pantry and fridge to figure out what I'll throw together. We've had some delicious and more healthy meals this week too!

6) Productivity - We have been pretty productive this week. I mentioned in my goals that I wanted to make more manageable to do lists and I'm doing well with that so far. Rather than making a ginormous list that will never get completed, I've been making more realistic daily goals. I have accomplished most of them, and in some cases, more than what is on my list for the day. I've also been more relaxed. After I accomplish my goal for the day, I move on to dinner and we sit down and eat together. If I have extra time before I need to cook dinner or while dinner is in the oven, etc, I can work on an extra project. I actually feel like I'm getting more done. I have ADD when it comes to projects (big or small). I will jump from task to task and not finish any, making me feel defeated. This way, I don't feel like I failed at all. 

We have lots of projects coming up this year, but I'm determined to take them one at a time. This weekend, we will be working on finishing up the bar after we replace a water damaged board around our door frame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment