Saturday, January 26, 2013

Mason Jar Soap Dispenser...With Tutorial

I love mason jars! I grew up drinking out of them, and I still do today. They're cheap, they're versatile and they're so sturdy. My dish detergent dispenser has been driving me insane since about a week after I got it. I wan't ready to go back to just having a Dawn bottle on the sink, so I decided to try a different approach. A mason jar dispenser!


My old dispenser started leaking. I would have to wipe the outside of it almost daily, or it looked like this...
Gross!

This was a ridiculously easy project. It probably only took about 10 minutes.

Materials:
Mason jar with lid
Soap pump
Drill
Drill bit 
Dish soap

I used a 5/8 inch bit, but this will depend on the size and type of soap dispenser you use. 

 To make drilling easier, I put the lid on my mason jar

 This drill bit made the perfect sized hole.

Now that you have your hole, take the lid of to fill up your jar, replace the lid and stick your soap pump lid in the hole.
So far, I love this soap dispenser. Not only does it not leak, but it's SO much easier to fill up than my old one...and it's cute!

On a side note, Dawn Ultra Hand Renewal in Pomagranate Splash smells amazing! I usually just get the blue stuff, but I got this free with a coupon and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment