Saturday, October 29, 2011

Zoo Visit!

This post is super late. My family came to visit a few weekends ago. They've been up several times since we've moved into the house, but they've always helped us work on projects. This time, we wanted to do something fun with them. We decided to take them to the National Zoo. 

The last time we went it was ridiculously hot and humid. It wasn't a great day to walk around and a lot of the animals were inside. This time, the weather was perfect for a day at the zoo! 

 Natalia, Josh and I. She wanted to take a picture on every animal statue at the zoo.

 Panda! We were so close to him! The last time we went they were inside and we didn't get a good look at them.

 Natalia and Daddy on the anteater

So, if you know me, you know I'm terrified of snakes. Natalia talked about seeing the snakes from the time we stepped into the zoo. I told her Uncle Josh could take her in the reptile building. I started thinking about it and I decided if my 4 year old niece was brave enough to go in, I was going to go in too. I actually wasn't that bad. Natalia hated it. She is terrified of crocs and that's what we saw as soon as we got in. Daddy carried her around the whole time. I was just going to walk through and look at the turtles and frogs. I didn't have any interest in the snakes. Josh told me I should look and see what all the poisonous ones looked like. I told him it didn't matter if they were poisonous or not, I would treat them all the same. Haha. I humored him anyway. It actually wasn't that bad.

Anaconda! I have no idea how big this thing was, but it was huge. Not like in the movie obviously, but still huge. There was a lady just outside his exhibit holding the skin of a dead anaconda. I touched it! 

 Diamondback. This one was a little more scary because they actually live where Josh and I are from. We obviously won't have to worry about running into an anaconda anywhere, but I grew up playing in woods of Southeastern NC...plus he was doing the creepy snake tongue thing. Ick!

 This is a ginormous iguana. We saw a few wile iguanas while we were on our honeymoon, but they were probably the size of this guy's nose. He's shedding his skin in this picture, it actually looked pretty gross.

 I forgot what kind of turtle this is, but he's huge!

 Beautiful tiger!

He kept roaring! It was really cool. You can only hear it once in this video, but it's still pretty cool!

Daddy, Josh and I. Natalia took this picture. Not bad for a 4 year old :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment